“Indulge yourself”

Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Amboise
Brisbane, Australia
“Indulge yourself”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I couldn't believe my luck when I discovered that the building we were overlooking on a previous visit to the Chateau Royal d'Amboise was in fact this beautiful hotel. I immediately booked a 2 night stay for a return visit to this area as it makes a great base from which to visit some of the other chateaux of the Loire. We had a double 'traditional' room on the second floor and it has the fairly low exposed beams as shown in the photos on the website. What a quirky room layout- it just makes the stay even more special. The staff are all very friendly and professional and they are more than happy to try and speak french with non-native speakers, book restaurants and advise on which chateaux to visit within your timeframe. This hotel is close enough, yet set a little distance away from the noise, to be able to easily explore Amboise on foot.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank QldTheresa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
São Paulo, Brazil
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Stayed there for 3 nights with my wife. The location is great in Amboise, which in itself is a great central hub for the Loire valley. Small and charming town. The hotel... WOW! Beautiful and great room, bed, bath, everything, but especially the service. Every single person was super friendly and caring. Service during breakfast was also spotless. I can't think of anything to be improved on a stay at the Loire Valley

Room Tip: My room was on the second floor and had a small window, 1st floor have huge windows from the floor t...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Northern Virginia
Reviewed 11 November 2013

When you enter the grounds of this manor house you know you have selected the right hotel. The private parking was an added bonus. Everything about his hotel is beautiful and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
The rooms were beautifully decorated and the service was excellent. It is located only a few blocks from the Chateaux Amboise and the many restaurants/cafes and shops.
This hotel would be our first choice if we ever visited this lovely area again.

3 Thank EJHNorthernVirginia
Orange County, California
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We stayed one night at this gem of a hotel to start our exploration of the Loire Valley. Such a delightful experience! We booked an "attic" room, as that was all that was available when we made our reservations, and we loved it. The enormous wood beams overhead (not very far overhead, to be honest) certainly lent our room some character. But really, it was all about the stunning views out your window. It takes your breath away to wake up, look outside, and see an honest to goodness fairytale castle looming above you. The only caution I would give is that the "shower" in our room was just a hand-held shower head that one would use while standing in the bath tub, except that there was no shower curtain. I ended up sitting in the tub to try to shower without spraying water all over the bathroom. My wife found the whole thing rather amusing. But we would stay here again in a heartbeat if we ever make it back to lovely Amboise.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Earl B
Redwood City, California
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Le Manoir Les Minimes was part of our wedding anniversary trip to France. As such, I wanted everything to be perfect for my wife and the Manoir did not dissappoint. Great location a short walk from the town of Amboise, the chateau, etc. A beautifully furnished hotel with a warm and helpful staff. The 1st floor (U.S. 2nd floor) room was very comfortable and had a view of the chateau and river. The breakfast was delicious and was priced similar to our hotel in Paris. The staff helped with restaurant recommendations as well. My wife could not have been happier, and therefore so am I.

Room Tip: I booked several months early, and paid a bit more for a suite with a view. The front facing room w...
Orinda, California
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed 5 nights at this hotel. The location in Amboise is excellent. The hotel's setting is lovely-right up against the Amboise Fortress, across the street from the river and easy walking distance to the small lovely town with a large variety of cafes and restaurants. Parking is included-nice-and do beware the sharp turn into the hotel parking lot! The only room available at the time I booked was an attic room in the main house. Nice room though the ceilings with its quaint beams posed a bit if a hazard for my husband who is 6'1". I could see his whacking his head going to the bathroom. I had sent an em the night before I arrived asking if there were any other rooms available and had been informed yes there was one other room in the cottage off to the front of the property-slightly higher price but a bit larger. Unfortunately when we arrived the front desk, the person apparently did not review my file as no mention was made of this other room. I had to bring it up. We were shown the other room only after I asked about it again and we chose to upgrade as the second room was a great deal more spacious but not that much larger. You are not in the main house but so what. My main problem with this hotel was breakfast. It is not included in the price for the room. And it is not inexpensive-at least 15 euros per person. We tried it the first morning. And what do you get? Coffee, a glass of juice, some just OK pastries, older fruit salad etc. Way way too expensive. Instead, we simply walked 5 minutes to the little town center and bought petite dejeuner from a couple of different cafes for easily half the price and much better quality. It may be more difficult to do this in the summer as buses arrive and the crowds may not make this an option. But seiously, almost $50 for continental breakfast for two? And not a very good continental breakfast. This is simply price gouging and obviously a profit center. A great disappointment. And the bed was merely OK. So very nice location, reasonably priced room, parking a plus but the breakfast situation left a sour taste in my mouth. And the staff was not very helpful or friendly. We barely saw them, were not asked if there was anything they could help us with and overall were rather standoffish. But...good location and nice
access to the cute town. Given the options in the area I would probably stay here again but I hope service is improved and something should be done regarding the breakfast ripoff.

• Stayed October 2013
4 Thank sftcat
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Beautiful boutique hotel in the heart of Amboise. Exquisite decor, well appointed room, HUGE bed and beautiful linen. The drawing and dining room decor was enchanting and the breakfast offerings were diverse. Nothing was too much trouble for the attentive and helpful staff. This was the best hotel experience of our two week stay in France.

2 Thank Lyn C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amboise
Chateau de Pray
Le Haut des Lys
Le Haut des Lys
#1 of 3 in Villandry
Domaine de la Tortiniere

Been to Hotel Le Manoir les Minimes? Share your experiences!