What a beautiful little hotel. If you want to stay in accommodation that is in keeping with the historic fairytale surroundings of the Loire, choose this one. Its slightly crumbling stone exterior and smart country manor interior will make you feel you're in a little castle of your own. It is very unique and pleasant, slightly quirky, but full of light, beauty and comfort. It's slightly smart casual -- friendly, not stuffy. With its antique furniture, polished antique hardwood floors, huge leaded glass windows, and gorgeous tranquil pool (set under mature trees in a walled garden), it's perfect for grownups with a love of historical surroundings -- but do note it's not the place for toddlers or screaming running kiddies who have 'previous' in breaking things. My only criticism, which is not really a criticism, is that they ought to use the delightful breakfast room as a full restaurant for dinners in the evening -- it's too beautiful to use it only in the mornings!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Manoir Saint Thomas, dating from the 12th century, lies in the centre of peaceful Amboise- just five minutes walk from the medieval Royal Castle of the Kings of France and the Manor House of Leonardo da Vinci. A perfect place to pass a few days. 10 beautifully appointed air-conditioned rooms, each with a luxury bathroom en-suite, satellite TV and minibar. And, to relax, a shaded, secluded garden with a heated swimming-pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Le Manoir Saint Thomas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Manoir Saint Thomas Hotel Amboise
- Le Manoir Saint Thomas Amboise