The hotel, originally built in 1107, has of course been updated so that it is very comfortable, but retains its elegant castle-like charm, is very well-staffed and provides every service possible, including off-street parking.
You can walk every where you want to go in Amboise and drive to the many amazing castles in the Loire Valley many are 45 minutes or less away.
Tip: We got off the train in Tours and picked up our rental car there, since the rental agency in Amboise was closed on Saturdays. The train station in Tours (Saint-Pierre-des-Corps station) is any easy drive of about 25 minutes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Manoir Saint Thomas, dating from the 12th century, lies in the centre of peaceful Amboise- just five minutes walk from the medieval Royal Castle of the Kings of France and the Manor House of Leonardo da Vinci. A perfect place to pass a few days. 10 beautifully appointed air-conditioned rooms, each with a luxury bathroom en-suite, satellite TV and minibar. And, to relax, a shaded, secluded garden with a heated swimming-pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Le Manoir Saint Thomas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Manoir Saint Thomas Hotel Amboise
- Le Manoir Saint Thomas Amboise