Great boutique hotel with secure off-street parking. Lovely grounds with a heated pool. Beautifully restored warm cosy rooms with large modern bathrooms. We stayed in one of the suites - plenty of room for 3 adults and a nice garden outlook. Very personable and exceptional service from all who looked after us (owner, front desk and breakfast room). Breakfast was a treat - very traditional and wholesome. Could not fault this hotel and would definitely return and recommend. This hotel is conveniently located to central Amboise where there are many exceptional restaurants, patisseries, as well as the nearby Amboise Castle and Clos Luce (Leonardo Da Vinci's home - well worth a visit). We used this hotel as a 5-day base to visit Chateaus and Caves (vignerons/wine) within the Loire Valley - all within easy driving distance. We visited other towns but Amboise has that certain charm and is not cluttered with too many tourists.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Manoir Saint Thomas, dating from the 12th century, lies in the centre of peaceful Amboise- just five minutes walk from the medieval Royal Castle of the Kings of France and the Manor House of Leonardo da Vinci. A perfect place to pass a few days. 10 beautifully appointed air-conditioned rooms, each with a luxury bathroom en-suite, satellite TV and minibar. And, to relax, a shaded, secluded garden with a heated swimming-pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo and Evoline ltd so you can book your Le Manoir Saint Thomas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Manoir Saint Thomas Hotel Amboise
- Le Manoir Saint Thomas Amboise