My wife and I recently stayed at Manoir Saint Thomas for four nights. We had room number 1 on the first floor, which was large with high ceilings and a beautiful old fireplace (it was classified as a spacious room on the website). The bathroom was spacious, and all the furnishings in the room were tasteful. The stained glass accents on the windows are a particularly nice touch. The grounds and pool are very well maintained and are nicely lit at night.
We had the breakfast a couple of mornings, which consists of pastries, cheeses, cold meats, hard-boiled eggs, cereals, fruit, mini-pancakes, crepes, and waffles, as well as juice, tea, and coffee. The breakfast is a little expensive (17 euros/person), but it was quite good and hearty for a day of walking or cycling. The hotel's staff was friendly, spoke English well, and were very helpful with providing maps and arranging for a taxi to pick us up the day of our departure. It is only a short walk from the hotel to the chateau and the city center. The only problem we had was that the Wifi was very weak in our room, but was fine in other parts of the house.
We were sad to leave and would highly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Manoir Saint Thomas, dating from the 12th century, lies in the centre of peaceful Amboise- just five minutes walk from the medieval Royal Castle of the Kings of France and the Manor House of Leonardo da Vinci. A perfect place to pass a few days. 10 beautifully appointed air-conditioned rooms, each with a luxury bathroom en-suite, satellite TV and minibar. And, to relax, a shaded, secluded garden with a heated swimming-pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Le Manoir Saint Thomas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Manoir Saint Thomas Hotel Amboise
- Le Manoir Saint Thomas Amboise