We stayed here for four nights in September. This small hotel was originally a priory built in 1107. It is well appointed with spacious atmospheric rooms and modern bathrooms. The best of both worlds.It does not have an elevator. It has great air-conditioning for those of us that appreciate that amenity. The staff was wonderful. Led by the unflappable Frederic at reception who made reservations for us in other hotels as well as restaurants and provided lots of useful advise and directions. Everyone was very helpful and made us feel at home. The chambermaid even brought me an extra table for my carry-on bag without me asking. It was like staying with friends. They have a swimming pool and a free, secure car park. It is tricky to get into the place, but if you study the directions provided by the hotel you'll figure it out. Breakfast is delicious as well as expensive but the convenience is worth it. If the crepes were kept hot it would be even better. This is a great place to use as a base for exploring Loire Valley Chateaux.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Manoir Saint Thomas, dating from the 12th century, lies in the centre of peaceful Amboise- just five minutes walk from the medieval Royal Castle of the Kings of France and the Manor House of Leonardo da Vinci. A perfect place to pass a few days. 10 beautifully appointed air-conditioned rooms, each with a luxury bathroom en-suite, satellite TV and minibar. And, to relax, a shaded, secluded garden with a heated swimming-pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your Le Manoir Saint Thomas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Manoir Saint Thomas Hotel Amboise
- Le Manoir Saint Thomas Amboise