my mom and i stayed here for 3 nights during our tour of the Loire Valley castles. once we found the hotel, we realized what a great location it has! park the car and walk to the main part of town in under 5 minutes. fantastic!
Frederic was so welcoming and gave great directions for getting to the castles in the least amount of time. i was disappointed we only saw him on checkin, but the woman at the desk was also very nice. she spoke some English but we definitely communicated better in French.
on arrival in our room, there was a welcome note and a bottle of forest strawberry liqueur. nice touch!
the room was large and had a little entry with a desk off the bathroom. the beds were really comfy and the brought us real pillows at turn down (thank you!).
this is the only hotel in our stay that actually made a point of honoring our request to reuse our towels. they were left just as we'd hung them on the rack. perfect. wonderful. thank you for adhering to your environmental policy!
we didn't have breakfast at the hotel as the local cafes and bakeries had breakfast for much less than the 17 euros they were asking at the hotel. when we came back with our yogurt or pastries, they had no problem with us using forks or spoons and enjoying our food in the lobby.
they have a very nice property with tables and chairs and a pool. we took the opportunity to enjoy wine, bread and cheese outside one afternoon. it was a nice place to hang out. it was too cold and rainy to even think about using the pool but it was a nice size.
you can park at the hotel for free which i didn't expect. that was greatly appreciated.
i'd go back and stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Manoir Saint Thomas, dating from the 12th century, lies in the centre of peaceful Amboise- just five minutes walk from the medieval Royal Castle of the Kings of France and the Manor House of Leonardo da Vinci. A perfect place to pass a few days. 10 beautifully appointed air-conditioned rooms, each with a luxury bathroom en-suite, satellite TV and minibar. And, to relax, a shaded, secluded garden with a heated swimming-pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Le Manoir Saint Thomas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Manoir Saint Thomas Hotel Amboise
- Le Manoir Saint Thomas Amboise