Le Manoir Saint Thomas
  • Pool
Bellevue(Amboise)
Le Choiseul(Amboise)
View Hotel
All reviewsle manoirloire valleystained glass windowscharming hotelbeautiful manoroff street parkingfirst floorthe ground floorlovely poolshort walkhistoric buildingprivate parkingsmall towna lovely stayspacious roomfresh pastrieseach evening
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 June 2009

Just driving into Amboise you realise that you are somewhere special. Arriving at Le Manor Hotel you know that you certainly are. The hotel looks like a chateaux and is in excellent condition. There is parking onsite and the staff were lovely. The rooms are large even the standard room. I stayed for two nights and I upgraded to the Deluxe room for one of them. The rooms themselves were lovely and charming. Their is an outdoor pool which I gladly swam in after a long hot day in the car. The pool temperature is about 23 degrees which gave for a lovely swim. The breakfast and breakfast room was very nice and a pleasure to sit in and eat their lovely breakfast. The town is walking distance and it has plenty of restaurants and shops. Even an old fort. My only concern was the standard room which is near the car park and I had read a review concerning the noise. I found that their was hardly a sound from the car park and had a great nights sleep. If you are looking for somwhere charming and to be spoiled you have certainly found the place.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2009

Chose this hotel because of its central location. Minutes from the river and great walks. We received a very warm welcome from a very helpful receptionist. We had a problem with the next leg of our journey and accommodation and it was promptly sorted on our behalf.

Rooms are typical old french style, which is what you would expect for the age of the building, modern bathroom, well equipped, big bed very comfy. Beautiful garden and parking which is a bonus in town.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2009

My husband and I wanted to visit the Loire Valley but we were unsure where to base ourselves. After a great deal of research I found this hotel......and I was so glad I did.
When making the booking via an agency I specified that I would like a room overlooking the garden ,the hotel contacted me straight away to advise me that I we had been allocated the ground floor garden room, well it was great, lovely outlook plus roomy with an extremely large and modern bath/shower room. The receptionists and other staff were all very friendly and accomodating even booking a table at a recommended restaurant on our first evening. The breakfast as others have stated was indeed really nice and tasty with loads to choose from and we were able to walk to the heart of Amboise within about 5 mins if that.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2009

One negative - Price.

Apart from that it's beautiful. The rooms, the setting, the look of the old house.

We paid €140 for the basic room, which was full price, but I loved this hotel.

There is no restaurant or bar but others are only a very short walk away so no real problem there.

If I ever return to Amboise, it's here I'll be staying.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2009

We spent one night at Manoir Saint Thomas with our thirteen year old daughter, and we were realy impressed with the place. We had room number one, which is facing the street but this did not give any disturbance. The room was very large and very neat, extremely clean and decorated with such a great taste (if you like old houses, of course).Good beds, great bathroom. Good location, nearby street with various restaurants (one thing to check is the fact that many restaurant are closed on Monday!). Service was perfect and breakfast not less than what you can expect. One small comment that could be made is the fact that despite the high rates, wireless internet connection is still to add to the bill, but this is quite common in top quality places nowadays. Definitely a place to go back to, probably even nicer in summer or autumn where one can enjoy the pool!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family