My husband and our three children (aged 7, 8 and 10) stopped off unexpectedly in Azay on our way to Bordeaux. We had a good experience--polite and service-oriented reception, clean rooms and a great breakfast, as well as a big-screen TV in the bar, to watch the 2014 World Cup final. The manager served very good local sparkling wine, and beer and soft drinks. But the big surprise was the very nice small town-feel 13th of July (some towns celebrate on the eve of) parade and fireworks in town that night.The parking area is behind the hotel but secured at night so we could leave most of our bags in the car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Val De Loire is a 3-star hotel is located in Azay-Le-Rideau, in the Loire Valley, an ideal base to visit the region's famous chateaux and discover their wines. The hotel offers on-site parking and bicycle rental. All rooms are uniquely decorated and feature a private bathroom, free Wi-Fi access and a flat-screen TV. A buffet breakfast is available each morning at the Hotel Val De Loire and it is served in the dining room or on the shaded terrace in nice weather. The hotel can arrange evening meals for groups with special menus made with seasonal products. Guests can enjoy the pedestrian streets of the town centre and discover, from May to September, the fascinating light show at the Azay-Le-Rideau Castle. Tours and its airport is just 25 km away and Azay Train Station is 2 km from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline and Ebookers so you can book your Hotel Val de Loire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Azay-Le-Rideau
- Azay-Le-Rideau Best Western
- Best Western Val De Loire