“One of the nicest pizza places downtown”
Review of La Scala

La Scala
Ranked #28 of 177 Restaurants in Blois
Price range: US$11 - US$29
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I have been eating at this place regularly in the past few years. It used to be renowned as one of the finest places to eat in that section of the city. Time has passed and some things have changed - the pizza aren't necessarily as great as they used to be, it's more crowded now and thus the place is a lot louder, the service is more rushed too - all consequences of the ever-growing popular appeal of the place and its mass success. Although, it has been successful at maintaining certain standards of quality and this is what keeps me going back from time to time. The menu is pretty well furbished with plenty of pizza, pasta, dessert and drink options, you have to look at the walls in order to distinguish the daily offers as well (which usually are worth a shot). Overall the food is pretty good and the pizza are baked on the spot and made to order. It can get pretty busy and the service might occasionally suffer from that, you can tell everyone is in a constant rush but in general the staff is pretty friendly.

Not the calm, quality italian food place it used to be, albeit still a good spot to check if you are looking for a filling meal of slightly above average standards. Hopefully it doesn't get even louder than it has become with time in the future.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

English spoken, great friendly service, extensive menu well priced. We had pizzas, thin based, very good. Local wine (rose) an excellent addition.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

We needed somewhere to eat on a Sunday evening, not expensive but tasty and this place was just the job. 2 pasta dishes came to less than 21 euros. Service was efficient and friendly, nice atmosphere too.

Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

The staff were pleasant and helpful, serving both courses more promptly than anywhere else I can remember in France. The crumble starter was a concept not previously encountered, parmesan cheese/breadcrumbs toasted on tomato salsa, served in a glass. Veal escalope milanese and veal gratinée excellent. Interesting twist on frites, cutting them quarter moon shaped across. Pleasant surroundings. Maybe a bit pricey. One of the few restaurants in Blois open Sundays.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

If you are in Blois and pining for a pizza or great Italian food, make sure you go to La Scala. It's only .10 miles away from the chateau. We went to the chateau light show last night and had delicious Italian food at La Scala beforehand. My husband and I shared an appetizer of 4 different types of dips with toasted rounds. They were all delicious. Since we had not tried pizza here before and I didn't see anyone eating it when I ordered, I decided to stick with the pasta. They have a menu in English, so be sure to ask. My husband had tagliatelle with 2 types of duck and I had penne with chicken and sun dried tomatoes (they call these crystalized tomatoes). We also had a side salad which was huge. I like to order the regional wine when I am in France, so we went with a bottle of Chinon red wine. It was very good. I saw that people around me had ordered pizzas and definitely would order one for myself in the future. They were a good size and had an interesting assortment of toppings. I had no room for dessert, but judging by the desserts people around us ordered, I would have to say that you should save room. You won't leave La Scala hungry. It's a romantic and fun restaurant that is also great for families.