Being a cold blustery evening, we were greeted with a warm fire upon our arrival. After a wonderful bubbly house champagne drink, we chose a superb wild mushroom soup, which was followed by a delicious venison stew with mashed potatoes laced with cumin and a small portion of mixed veggies. The desserts were all so tempting and clearly house created, we had a hard time choosing. We chose one that was unusual , Grand Manier ice cream with chocolate and fruit trimmings .
Presentation was excellent and it was apparent that the meal was prepared for that evening and not something hauled out of the freezer and "warmed" up which is happening in so many restaurants these days.
This restaurant is run by two dedicated men. We highly recommend this restaurant for those that like creative, homemade meals and a pleasant and cosy ambiance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled back from the road that follows the bank of the Loire—a five minute walk to the Blois châteaux—the Côté Loire is hidden behind foliage of the tree that shades the square. Do not judge this hotel by its two star rating. It is an intimate, 7-room hotel that was just purchased by Thierry and Laurent. With their care and attention to detail, it will soon become one of Blois’ most charming small hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Cote Loire Auberge Ligerienne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cote Loire Auberge Ligerienne Hotel Blois
- Cote Loire Auberge Ligerienne Blois