“A great expearience”

Cuisines: French, Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The restaurant is clean and simple with a nice view and an open kitchen . The service is impecable, all the plates were presented when brought, the chef was nice and friendly, we felt welcomed. And last but not least , the food was like a journey of discovery: lots of different exotic tastes and textures. I especially liked the shitake soup, it was incredible. This is a place with not only fine dining , but food which you are looking forward to discover.

1  Thank Alexanra19

Reviewed 18 July 2014

A most superb meal. The restaurant is clean lined and minimalist with easy parking. The welcome was warm and we chose to sit at a table with a view over the Loire and also into the kitchen. Every course was bursting with flavour and was crafted with care and attention. The chef delivered each dish and explained each one carefully. Portions are not huge which allowed me the opportunity to have both fish and meat courses. My wife had the meat course and also enjoyed the starter and dessert, as did I! A really first class experience that we intend to repeat quite soon. The meal, IMO, represented excellent value. Booking essential.

1  Thank David E
Reviewed 29 June 2014

the food here was really incredible, and the presentation was gorgeous. The view of the Loire is also really nice. We came here as part of a tour, so I don't know the price.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

On a day trip to the Loire Valley, our guide Corinne had made lunch reservations for my mother, sister, sister-in-law and I, as well as Corrine, at Assa in the town of Blois. Assa takes food to a realm I had not before experienced. We had the 4-course (entree, plat, fromage, dessert) from the menu which provides two choices per course. They made modest adaptations for one of us who does not eat meat (but does eat fish). While my mother and went toward meat, the others toward fish, meaning we had almost everything on the menu (we all ate mille-feuilles for desert). Each item was precisely, exquisitely prepared and presented from locally-sourced ingredients. In talking with friends about the experience, I am left wordless, lacking precise descriptors for this extraordinary experience - it is just beyond other delicious food I have eaten. The vegetables were savory and prepared perfectly. We all thought meat and fish was extraordinarily tasty. The selections of cheeses were scrumptious and the desert fabulous. The service was friendly, attentive without being obtrusive. For lunch the portions were fine and I was quite satisfied (I am a moderately big eater.) We also shared an excellent white wine (a bottle and a half) among the five of us. We talked briefly after lunch with Chef Anthony, his pastry-chef wife Fumiko (whose beautiful Japanese wedding dress is mounted behind glass for your viewing) and hour waiter; they were more than hospitable. The space itself is simple with a view (across the road) of the Loire. The 40 Euro lunch includes tax and tip (as is the case in France) but not the wine. Compared to what you might find in a major US or French city, the price is actually modest for this superb dining experience. Wish I could return soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Opened in November of last year, Assa is a fabulous gourmet restaurant overlooking the Loire river in Blois, on the way to Amboise. It's run by Executive Chef Anthony Maubert whose long list of accomplishments include Le Crillon, Lasserre, Les Barmes de l’Ours in Val d’Isère, Marc Veyrat, La Résidence de la Pinède in Saint-Tropez, Michel Bras in Laguiole. All are top-ranked Michelin-star restaurants ! Assa means "morning" in Japanese. Anthony is married to Fumiko, a talented pastry chef.
In Assa, the 3-course menu changes each day, according to the fresh organic produce from the local producers and market. The 4-course menu is at 39 € per person. Great wines from Loire Valley reputed producers.