“Disappointment”

ibis Styles Blois Centre Gare
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Blois
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I realise that Blois is a very popular place for holidaymakers - we have stayed there several times ourselves in the past - but this hotel was very over - priced. Everything was plastic- from the furniture in the dining room to the furniture in the bedroom. We always use Accor hotels but this has been our greatest disappointment ever. My advice would be to give an Ibis Style a miss.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 August 2012

We stayed here for a long weekend to explore the area. The normal double rooms are small but the friendly receptionist moved us to a family room which was much larger. The hotel is a 10 minute walk from the Chateau and town where there are plently of good places to eat. WE will go back.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I stayed here for 1 night at the end of July 2012. I needed to stay close to the train station, so it was in a perfect location for that, as it's within walking distance of the train station.
I had booked a single room & while it was a very pleasant & bright room with an extremely comfortable double bed, this room would not have been suitable for 2 people (in the event of it being used as a double room), as there was just about enough room for me to open my suitcase, after moving a few things around. The bathroom was very generous in size - my only quibble was that the hot water could have been hotter. The room was clean & was wonderfully quiet at night. I heard the odd train passing by, due to the proximity to the train station & leaving my window open, but that kind of noise never bothers me. My window did look out onto some type of flat roof - I would have preferred if this had not been the case, for safety/security reasons, as I like sleeping with the window open, but when I realised that I could open the window by tilting it inwards, I actually felt safe enough.
Staff were very friendly & helpful & there was a computer in the lobby at the disposal of anyone staying there. Breakfast was as good as continental breakfasts can be.
I would be perfectly happy to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a spacious double room that can accommodate you & your luggage & perhaps a room with...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank JillyKerry
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Our family stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in July 2012. Room was spacious, quiet and comfortable. Bathroom was well appointed and clean. Staff were very nice and friendly. Good breakfast included in the price. Overall, we were very satisfied.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Poissonlune
Reviewed 16 July 2012

It was our first stay in this type of hotels. We had a double room with an extra bed. Not enough space for our luggage. Room was comfortable, quite small. Small window. Breakfast was included and it was ok. Parking: around the street, enough spaces. We walk ten minutes to get to the castle and down town. There are many good restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank fulmen
Reviewed 9 June 2012

This was just a one night stop on a car trip to Spain, so the secure parking was a real asset. Yes, the clean comfortable rooms are small, but so is the price and there is storage under the bed. Very pleasant staff. Overall a very good ratio of price per quality.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank PeterC489
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Arriving on the Paris train, it's a short walk from Blois station and I arrived expecting to leave my bags and go out for a walk to return at check-in time.

Instead, the lovely receptionist gave me a glass of orange juice, access to a computer and asked me to wait half an hour for my room to be ready...it was only 10:30!

Then I found out I had been upgraded (#221) as, I was told, I was staying four nights (I'm guessing it's all short stays here normally).

Entering the room, there is a corridor with separate toilet and bathroom (with funky, disco lights inside the showerhead?!?) which culminates in a decent sized room with a desk & chair, a luggage stand and somewhere to hang jackets. The large (for France), separate bedroom was off this.

A comfortable bed, good shower, blockout blinds on windows, a good, free breakfast (fresh, French baguettes...mmm), free WIFI and a large supermarket around the corner - everything I needed for a good base for castle visiting.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo