Ibis Styles Bourges
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
B&B Hotel Bourges 2(Centre-Val de Loire)
hotelF1 Bourges(Le Subdray)
View Hotel
All reviewsswimming poolfamily roommezzanine leveltravelling through francefree wifian extra bedfresh orange juice machineeasy locationpool tablestopover hotelchoice of restaurantscroissantsright next doorchain restaurantarrive earlybreadsat nav
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Upon arriving, shortly after making an Internet booking, we were informed ay the friendly young man at the reception desk that the only room left was one for disabled people. As that wasn't a problem for us we accepted it.
When we arrived in room n°3 we were met by a bad smell of either stale tobacco or mustiness or perhaps a combination of the two. We opened the window wide but even the following morning, the smell had not disappeared.

The room was slightly infested with ants. We killed three on our arrival and my wife found another one on her arm the following morning. Obviously not dangerous, but a sign of poor housekeeping.

The worst part, however, was the bathroom. As it was supposedly designed for disabled people, the shower had small curtains one had to pull together to avoid getting the whole room. Unfortunately, the curtains were a foot too short and after only one shower the room was wet. A brush-shaped mop was available to wipe away some of the water but by no means all of it – not a very satisfactory solution. The worst part was that the wet floor had become slippery. Although the tiles inside the shower were non-skid, all the tiles outside were very slippery indeed. I am quite sure on my feet but even being careful, I almost slipped. I would not like to have any mobility problems in that bathroom!

On the positive side, the bed was comfortable and breakfast was good.

The manager was not in when we left in the morning, but I did manage to talk to him on the phone later on that day to voice my complaints. He said there was indeed a problem with ants. As for the smell, he said he would get on to the cleaning firm. He also admitted he has never used one of the disabled showers. I strongly encouraged him to do that.

Al in all, a very disappointing stay at the Ibis Styles in Bourges. I know that this hotel has received good reviews, I don't think any of the reviewers have been in a disabled room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lizoo
Manager ibis ST... I, Directeur général at Ibis Styles Bourges, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Sir,

I will not go point by point the problems you've had since we've talked by phone together.

I simply resume the fact that ants are not a sign of poor hygiene. Simply, we are located close to fields. This may indeed attract some insects.

Best regards,

JATA Jérémy / Manager
Ibis Styles Bourges

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Ibis Styles is a new "concept" from the Accor group. The hotel is recently built, with a flashy (frog) green colour scheme. Set just off the motorway junction and 5 km from Bourges, the hotel is perfect for 'through travellers" heading north or south. The hotel has been very well thought out for families - they have used the roof space to create duplex "appartment" rooms, with a double bed and bathroom downstairs, then 2 singles upstairs. Both areas have their own TV and you can rent a playstation to keep the kids occupied. One very nice feature - they have cables so you can hook up your PC or DVD to the TV screen. This hotel has a heated outdoor pool, which we tried out, a pool table, jukebox and bar/breakfast room. Our room was quiet.Being beside the motorway, there is no view. but there is Leon, Courte Paille and Pata Pain next door. All in all a very good package. Gripes: Only minor points - staircase was not very clear and piping was not well finished in the bathroom, but for one night who cares.

Room Tip: If you have kids, go for the Duplex. It even has a safety gate.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Manager ibis ST... I, Directeur général at Ibis Styles Bourges, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Hello,

Thank you for your comment. It is very important to have positive feedback to maintain the good points of the hotel. Ibis STYLES is a special concept for the ACCOR group because they are not standardized offering non-smoking rooms hotels and rates with the "all inclusive" (breakfast and wifi included in the price).

We hope to see you again so you can still enjoy our swimming pool with summer heat.

Regards,

JATA Jérémy / Manager Ibis STYLES Bourges

Reviewed 24 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 3 May 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Manager ibis ST... I, Directeur général at Ibis Styles Bourges, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Reviewed 20 April 2014

As others have said, a great stopover en route to southern France/Spain. Very convenient location (impossible really to be any closer to the motorway without actually being sat on the junction itself). Spacious, well-equipped and comfortable room. Not the cheapest stopover 'hotel' we have experienced but, having stayed in a fair few cheaper (but dire) ones, it is worth paying for better quality. Couple of restaurants right next door; we chose the 'moules et frites' restaurant which was good in terms of both value and taste.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager ibis ST... I, Directeur général at Ibis Styles Bourges, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review on our hotel. We are always happy to have positive feedback. This allows us to move forward and be always up to your expectations.

I have shared your comments with the team, so they are aware of their contribution in helping to satisfy you and meet your expectations.

Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward - thank you.

We look forward to welcome you again at ibis Styles Bourges.

JATA Jérémy / Director