We arrived in Chartres in the evening with no booking on a bank holiday we did not know about. We found this hotel but were told the only room available was a suite but they would include breakfast. The receptionist walked quite a distance down a side street to check we were parked legally and helped with luggage. We were booked in quickly and asked if we would like to eat in the Michelin starred restaurant or the brasserie. We chose the brasserie as we thought we could not do justice to a heavier meal. The food was good and well served and although it was later a table relaid. Our suite was large and comfortable very clean with everything we needed. There was a comfortable bar and the building grand enough to reflect its name. Breakfast was good and once again reception pleasant, friendly and efficient when checking out. The hotel was in the centre of a beautiful city and well worth recommending.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Monarque Hotel situated in an ancient private historical building just where the pedestrian-only streets commence, is the ideal base for visiting the famous cathedral and the historical town centre of Chartres. Once in the entrance hall we discover a comfortable and elegant ambiance : you are in a gastronomical establishment of great renown. 55 rooms and apartments are at your disposition. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Best Western FR, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Grand Monarque reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Le Grand Monarque Hotel Chartres
- Best Western Hotel Chartres
- Best Western Chartres
- Chartres Best Western