US$115
US$109
US$155
US$142
  • Restaurant
Ibis Chartres Centre Cathedrale(Chartres)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$61
Hotels.com
US$95
US$88
Hotel des Poemes de Chartres(Chartres)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$75
Hotels.com
All reviewstrain stationchartres cathedralsecure parkinglocal hotelexecutive roomperfect viewsmall fridgecar parkthree starold townpublic spacesgarden viewnightly light showexcellent parkingclean roomsexcellent locationpleasant hotel
Reviewed 9 June 2018

We only came for an overnight stay which necessitated us getting up the next morning at an extremely early hour. It was before regular breakfast hours. They had set up the breakfast even though it was only the two of us. The staff at the front desk was very helpful.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Chat28, Directeur général at Timhotel Chartres Cathedrale, responded to this reviewResponded 4 days ago

Dear Lynne F,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip advisor!

It is a pleasure to see that you enjoyed your stay in our establishment.

I am sure that you very detailed description will be useful for many other customers.

Looking forward to welcome you back at the Timhotel Chartres Cathedral.

Best regards,

Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed here just one night on our way to Bretagne. The room was very small and the air conditioning didn’t work. I went down to the reception to complain. The staff said they had fixed it. I should try to turn it on again. If it didn’t run the only solution would be to switch the room. It also didn’t work when I tried to turn it on again. We were too tired to switch rooms.

Stayed: May 2018
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

We arrived a weary duo, having spent the day at Versailles, and attempting our first car trip (from and through Paris) in France. Reception was friendly, polite, courteous and quick. Within moments we were in our room. And it was so quiet! The hotel had met our requests for separate beds well.

This hotel is closer to the North American standard of hotels than to the French, and so was equipped with kettle, coffee/tea, safe, desk, robes, luggage stands and room to place luggage. The windows open wide and offer views of Chartres Cathedral. Curtains provide blackout. There is ample light for reading. And yes, the requisite television and phone.

Beds and pillows are comfortable (I wish I could get my daughter up), with warm duvets and extra blankets.

Be warned that there are stairs throughout each floor, and is not wheelchair, crutches or stroller friendly. There is an elevator to each floor, though.

While we were here the parking was under renovation but public parking is very close, less than a block away.

Breakfast was pleasant, albeit buffet style. There were breads, baguettes, croissants, cakes, meats, cheeses, fruit, yogurt, cereals, jams, eggs, bacon, beans, juice, water, milk, coffees, teas, chocolate - just about anything to make a good repast. The room was intimate in spite of being open to the lobby.

This was definitely a three star hotel; the staff and appointments work hard to create a good environment. You will carry your own bags.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank liza d

Dear Liza D,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip advisor!

It is a pleasure to see that you enjoyed your stay in our establishment.

Looking forward to welcome you back at the Timhotel Chartres Cathedral.

Best regards,

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Good for quick sleep over, don’t expect too much and don’t expect too little. Friendly staff and hotel room was good with a nice view and good WiFi. Hotel was close to the cathedrals by walking or drive, Asian food and others just around the corner.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Chat28, Directeur général at Timhotel Chartres Cathedrale, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Dear WildChild18,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review on your visit at Timhotel Chartres Cathédrale
We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon
Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Just came back from a 4 nights stay at Timhotel (previously Hotel Châtelet). Choose this hotel on booking.com due to his location and parking facilities. Despite calling the hotel the week before to confirm my booking and parking facilities there was no mention to book it in advance or of the carpark closure during my stay. I did mention my disappointment to the night porter on arrival but he wasn’t very much concerned! If I knew, I would have gone to another hotel! I paid about €65 (the same price of a night stay) for the nearby carpark. The room was comfortable, well equipped and quiet until the morning when you can hear the building work in next door former cinema. The room is very dark but with a great view on the cathedral. The carpet was stained and bathroom needed housekeeping check as not very clean with mouldy corners in bathroom and hairs in bath! Room cleaned on a daily basis and water bottle refilled if needed. Breakfast buffet was great at an extra €13!

Stayed: February 2018
1  Thank Frenchy28Chartres
Chat28, Directeur général at Timhotel Chartres Cathedrale, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Dear Frenchy28Chartres,
I take note of your opinion, and thank you for taking the time to write it on the site of Tripadvisor.

We are glad to read that you found our very central location convenient, and to see that our breakfast that contributed to your well-being.

We apologize for the work of our car park and the problems you encountered during your stay.
That being the case, we have distributed information since October to all partner sites to announce this work.
I can assure you that we take your remarks very seriously in order to make the necessary adjustments and to improve the quality of our services. That is why I ask you to kindly contact me or leave me your details in order to know a little more about the conditions of your stay in our hotel.
We hope that all the inconveniences of your stay were only a contest of circumstances and we wish very much to have the pleasure to welcome you again to the Timhotel Chartres Cathedrale in order to prove to you that the satisfaction of our customers is really our priority Regards,