“Thoroughly enjoyed this restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles

La Roseraie
Ranked #3 of 11 Restaurants in Chenonceaux
Price range: US$37 - US$148
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Tiburon, California
“Thoroughly enjoyed this restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

This review is an odd one as there is a review the same week and reacting to the same menu (Steak) that was not so good. My wife got the fixed menu and I ordered a wonderful salad and the steak (and added the Bernaise sauce). we found the wait staff helpful, the wine reasonable, and the steak excellent. It is across the street from a pricier place and this was a welcome change which we would gladly visit again.

Visited July 2013

Kailua
“Stayed and dined, but wouldn't again. Rick Steves go back and update your recommendation!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

Outside seating was pleasant, but the meal for both my husband and myself was less than expected. I had overdone chicken skewers and my husband's rib eye steak was fatty, overcooked, oily and greasy. The service was fine, but the waiter just wanted to get done with the process, it seemed. No conversation from him or the waitress, that made us feel like they cared that we visited their establishment. For 29 Euros each, plus the wine our meal was just not good!

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank bernicealoha
Wilmslow
“Disappointing meal”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

We had dinner here one night because it was cheaper than our own hotel although the wine was still expensive. Our meal was only warm and we returned it. It was returned heated up but even then, not fully. No apology was received. Service was slow and we suspected that preference was being given to residents rather than diners coming off the street. This was disappointing as we had stayed there a few years ago and eaten in and found it very good.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Bobpol
New York City, New York
“Not impressed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

Came her upon the recommendation of our hotel, and was not impressed even though reviews appear to be good. The appetizers were good but main dishes appear to be tasteless and dry.
The service in my opinion was also below average then we have experienced else where.
Do not eat here if you already had dinner over at Auberge du Bon Laboureur, you will be walking out.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank pupsik
Fareham, United Kingdom
“bit likethe curate's egg - good in parts”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

We were recommended to this restaurant by our B & B owner, who kindly booked us a table on our first evening. We really enjoyed the food, but we thought the wine was expensive. Had the cheapest one on the menu - 29 euros - and it was not good. It was served cold, and had a strange aftertaste. Anyway, as the food was so good, and it was my birthday the next day, we booked for the following evening. My starter was amazing, but the next course was a disaster! An inedible rib-eye steak, that I could hardly get my knife into, let alone my teeth. However, the restaurant were very good - they offered me something else, but at that stage I had lost my appetite and my husband had finished his meal. So they did not charge me for the steakl, and they also gave us a glass of fizzy Vouvray in compensation. If in the area again, we would certainly give them another chance, and we would recommend them to others. One mistake has not ruined our memories of some great food.

• Visited May 2013