So very very disappointing. With just 48 hours notice before our arrival we were advised there were to be no evening meals (this is a retreat miles from anywhere), on arrival shown to our room and that was it, no tour, no introductions, during our 5 night stay bed linen not changed, room dusty, bathroom tiles coming away from wall, they say a business is exposed when something unexpected happens - 9 months to plan a birth should not cause such massive disruptions to paying guests. We would advise thinking twice before booking as guests do not take priority and it was their poor planning to blame. Nothing more than a sorry and a shrug of the shoulders were offered - beware the amateurs at work.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four beautiful self contained cottages set in a 15th-century Loire Valley Chateau and its outbuildings, entirely and lovingly renovated in 2008 & 2011 by the English and French owner managers. Peace and tranquility combined with warm hospitality. Very family friendly. Delicious French table d'hote meals available three evenings, breakfast included every day. Fully gated heated outdoor pool, free wifi, babysitting available, fantastic range of Loire Valley wines. Suites to suit a couple, a family of up to five, or book the entire place to sleep up to 16. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Loire Valley Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loire Valley Retreat Hotel Chinon
- Loire Valley Retreat Chinon, France