On a family vacation in France in June 2012 we stayed for three nights at the Loire Valley Retreat. After five hours of driving from Paris, when the GPS was showing a few kilometers to our destination we started getting the feeling of being lost. We were zipping through wheat fields that seemed taller than the car at that time of the year. Gorgeous colors, there's something almost hypnotic in how the wheat dances in a light breeze, if you allow yourself to go with its flow. While we did not get lost on the road, once at the chateau we did get lost in Charlotte and Jerome's hospitality. It is bottomless. The chateau has an idyllic location, surrounded almost as far as the eyes can see by crop fields. We stayed in a two bedroom apartment, with a large master bedroom, a separate bedroom for kids and, amazingly, the bathroom is in one of the towers of the chateau. Superb conditions and amenities. Our five years old son made fast friends with host's kids with whom he played in the chateau's sizable courtyard. He often talks about them and about the chateau's chef, who seems to have made quite an impression on him. Needless to say that the chef made an impression on us too. Taste is a given and presentation is an art form in Phillip's cooking. Let Jerome help you pair it all with a local wine and you are in for an enchanting dinner. The ambiance created by the hosts makes the chateau ideal to unwind yourself. It worked perfectly for our whole family. These days it is more or less standard to run into courteous, thoughtful hosts. Charlotte and Jerome exude them effortlessly, and if you are wondering how transcending courtesy looks like, just pay them a visit. We'd love to go back for more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four beautiful self contained cottages set in a 15th-century Loire Valley Chateau and its outbuildings, entirely and lovingly renovated in 2008 & 2011 by the English and French owner managers. Peace and tranquility combined with warm hospitality. Very family friendly. Delicious French table d'hote meals available three evenings, breakfast included every day. Fully gated heated outdoor pool, free wifi, babysitting available, fantastic range of Loire Valley wines. Suites to suit a couple, a family of up to five, or book the entire place to sleep up to 16. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Loire Valley Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loire Valley Retreat Hotel Chinon
- Loire Valley Retreat Chinon, France