We had a wonderful 2 night stay at Loire Valley retreat. Charlotte and Jerome greeted us warmly and made us feel very welcome and were happy to provide hints and tips for what to see and do in the area. It was incredible to stay in such an interesting chateau full of character and history, with massive timber beams and an original fireplace in our room together with all the modern conveniences. Our room was very spacious and the bed was dreamily comfortable. The bathroom was huge with views out over the countryside.There was also a comfy sofa and tea and coffee making facilities.Breakfast, served in the converted stables, was extensive and we really enjoyed dinner cooked by the chateau's chef. We also enjoyed relaxing in the communal sitting room and appreciated the local area guide books and brochures.written in English.Wifi was appreciated by our 14 year old. We would definitely recommend staying here and would love to stay here again if we have the opportunity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four beautiful self contained cottages set in a 15th-century Loire Valley Chateau and its outbuildings, entirely and lovingly renovated in 2008 & 2011 by the English and French owner managers. Peace and tranquility combined with warm hospitality. Very family friendly. Delicious French table d'hote meals available three evenings, breakfast included every day. Fully gated heated outdoor pool, free wifi, babysitting available, fantastic range of Loire Valley wines. Suites to suit a couple, a family of up to five, or book the entire place to sleep up to 16. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Loire Valley Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loire Valley Retreat Hotel Chinon
- Loire Valley Retreat Chinon, France