We stayed at Loire Valley Retreat for four nights in August and wished it had been longer. The owners of the house were very welcoming and we felt not like being yet another guest in the most busy period of the year. The room was nice, clean and quiet. The bed was very comfortable. Although the Retreat is perfect for families with small children, which sometimes can be a problem if you are looking for restfulness, the location of the different rooms made sure that everybody can find what he or she is looking for. We enjoyed the diners at the Retreat and the nice company of other guests and the owners. We also appreciated very much that special wishes, like vegetarian food, were no problem for the cook Philippe. Last but not least the excellent choice of wines, Jerome's and Charlotte's recommendations, the nice dog and cat, and the beauty of the surrounding area made it a perfect stay for us. We will certainly go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four beautiful self contained cottages set in a 15th-century Loire Valley Chateau and its outbuildings, entirely and lovingly renovated in 2008 & 2011 by the English and French owner managers. Peace and tranquility combined with warm hospitality. Very family friendly. Delicious French table d'hote meals available three evenings, breakfast included every day. Fully gated heated outdoor pool, free wifi, babysitting available, fantastic range of Loire Valley wines. Suites to suit a couple, a family of up to five, or book the entire place to sleep up to 16. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Loire Valley Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loire Valley Retreat Hotel Chinon
- Loire Valley Retreat Chinon, France