This is a truly amazing place to stay and is exceptionally child friendly. You will need a car to get here but when you do, it's worth it. The accommodation has been prepared to an excellent standard. Our room was very large with lots of room for the fireplace and sofa it had in it! The bathroom was also huge. Breakfast was great. We also opted for the children's dinner (served at 6pm) for our son and for dinner for us (served at 8pm). The food was of a fantastic standard - really impressed. We asked for guidance on wine options and got some great advice on that front too. Whilst there we went on a wine tour with an English speaking guide, which the owners recommended. We had a great time and so we would recommend that outing as well. Overall I would highly recommend here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four beautiful self contained cottages set in a 15th-century Loire Valley Chateau and its outbuildings, entirely and lovingly renovated in 2008 & 2011 by the English and French owner managers. Peace and tranquility combined with warm hospitality. Very family friendly. Delicious French table d'hote meals available three evenings, breakfast included every day. Fully gated heated outdoor pool, free wifi, babysitting available, fantastic range of Loire Valley wines. Suites to suit a couple, a family of up to five, or book the entire place to sleep up to 16. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Loire Valley Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loire Valley Retreat Hotel Chinon
- Loire Valley Retreat Chinon, France