We originally stayed here two years ago when our son was only 4 months old. This trip has been just as enjoyable. We very quickly settled in the newly renovated Gite, La Tour and Charlotte and Jerome made us feel very welcomed. I love how child friendly this place is. The weather was perfect and we made full use of their massive back yard and swimming pool! Our son Alex had a great time and this was evident by how well he slept each night! Breakfast is provided daily and dinner 6 days a week. Having dinner served on site (with a fabulous selection of wines) meant that we could enjoy our meal and wine without worrying about arranging a baby sitter etc.
As we were staying in one of the two self catered gites, we were able to prepare and cook meals for the kids. (there is a daily dinner service for kids too, but as we have two fussy eaters cooking for them was the better option for us)
Highly recommend this place and we hope to return in a couple years.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four beautiful self contained cottages set in a 15th-century Loire Valley Chateau and its outbuildings, entirely and lovingly renovated in 2008 & 2011 by the English and French owner managers. Peace and tranquility combined with warm hospitality. Very family friendly. Delicious French table d'hote meals available three evenings, breakfast included every day. Fully gated heated outdoor pool, free wifi, babysitting available, fantastic range of Loire Valley wines. Suites to suit a couple, a family of up to five, or book the entire place to sleep up to 16. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Loire Valley Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loire Valley Retreat Hotel Chinon
- Loire Valley Retreat Chinon, France