During our 15 day exploration of France and Italy, the Loire Valley Retreat was by far our most absolute favorite place. The Chateau Charge itself is not to be believed: gorgeous, yet restrained; a mirage in a sea of wheat and poppy fields, yet oh so real. Refined and elegant, yet down-to-earth and comforting. Charlotte and Jerome are first-class hosts and inn-keepers, attending to all our needs and wants. They are so friendly and generous, we feel as if we made friends, not acquaintances. Our room in the main chateau, the family suite Le Grenier à Sel, was so tasteful, so comfortable, and so grand. The complementary mini-fridge was restocked every day, as was our the assortment of in-room espressos and teas, as well as the scrumptious L'Occitane en Provence toiletries in the luxury bathroom. Robes and slippers included, as well as a heated towel rank, deep bathtub, and over-sized shower. Breakfast in the dining room is generous and more than filling: pain au chocolat, croissants, eggs, cereals, yogurts, cheeses, meats, lox, nutellas, jellies, and more. We ate all three nights at the Chateau, under the careful and exquisite culinary skills of Chef Franc. We loved being able to explore the Tourraine and Loire Valley countryside all day, but come home at the end of the day, only needing to freshen up for dinner at 8 pm right at the Chateau. Perfect. Chinon itself is a most lovely medieval town with an incredible fortress to explore. You are perfectly situated to explore the famous (and not so famous) chateaux of the Loire Valley right from Chinon.
I would go back in a heartbeat: it was the highlight of our grand, fairy tale European adventure. Dreams really do come true: Thank you Charlotte and Jerome from the bottom of my heart!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four beautiful self contained cottages set in a 15th-century Loire Valley Chateau and its outbuildings, entirely and lovingly renovated in 2008 & 2011 by the English and French owner managers. Peace and tranquility combined with warm hospitality. Very family friendly. Delicious French table d'hote meals available three evenings, breakfast included every day. Fully gated heated outdoor pool, free wifi, babysitting available, fantastic range of Loire Valley wines. Suites to suit a couple, a family of up to five, or book the entire place to sleep up to 16. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Loire Valley Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loire Valley Retreat Hotel Chinon
- Loire Valley Retreat Chinon, France