We are a couple without children and stayed here for 5 days in July. The property is lovely and it is perfectly located for wine tasting and touring the Loire Valley. Charlotte and Jerome are perfect hosts and couldn't have been more accommodating. I do feel it is worth noting however that this really is a family destination rather than one for couples/singles/groups without children. I think all the other guests had children with them and although the children were all lovely there is a different dynamic when they are around. This isn't a criticism at all but I feel it is worth noting as some people may simply want to sit around and relax on holiday and this wasn't always possible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four beautiful self contained cottages set in a 15th-century Loire Valley Chateau and its outbuildings, entirely and lovingly renovated in 2008 & 2011 by the English and French owner managers. Peace and tranquility combined with warm hospitality. Very family friendly. Delicious French table d'hote meals available three evenings, breakfast included every day. Fully gated heated outdoor pool, free wifi, babysitting available, fantastic range of Loire Valley wines. Suites to suit a couple, a family of up to five, or book the entire place to sleep up to 16. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Loire Valley Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loire Valley Retreat Hotel Chinon
- Loire Valley Retreat Chinon, France