big rooms, great location right in the center of chinon. owner has parking spaces that you can unlock and use (they give you a key). easy to walk to everything in chinon. something in their breakfast didn't agree with my traveling companion, but otherwise no complaints. would stay here again. ask for top floor so less noise from people walking above.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the most picturesque road in the heart of Old Chinon and at the foot of the Chinon catsle the Hostellerie Gargantua has taken residence in the former Bailiwicks Palace dating back to the XVth Century which is renowned for having heard the famous plea given by the father of the French author François Rabelais.Situated 1 kilometre from the Chinon train station, and at walking distance from the town center. You may discover the historrical town on foot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Hostellerie Gargantua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostellerie Gargantua Chinon, France - Loire Valley
- Hostellerie Gargantua Hotel Chinon