This is a special place to stay. As previous reviewers have highlighted - not luxurious or overly smart and not for the less mobile. However, if looking for an atmospheric, historic hotel in the centre of Chinon this is ideal.
The owners were welcoming and helpful, the room spacious and comfortable and the price for the room was very reasonable even for the larger room.
Seen previous comments on the breakfast, some of which I can understand. The owners could either up the cost of the room and include breakfast, or up the quality of some of the items. Though the bread goods were delicious!
Would happily recommend and stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the most picturesque road in the heart of Old Chinon and at the foot of the Chinon catsle the Hostellerie Gargantua has taken residence in the former Bailiwicks Palace dating back to the XVth Century which is renowned for having heard the famous plea given by the father of the French author François Rabelais.Situated 1 kilometre from the Chinon train station, and at walking distance from the town center. You may discover the historrical town on foot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Hostellerie Gargantua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostellerie Gargantua Chinon, France - Loire Valley
- Hostellerie Gargantua Hotel Chinon