“Simple but excellent Italian food in an attractive square setting”

Les Saveurs d'Italie
Ranked #12 of 67 Restaurants in Chinon
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Standard statement regarding this and all my reviews: I have for some time struggled with the Trip Advisor rating system on the basis that it does not provide a particularly granular method or any useful context for restaurant reviews. In the context of a mid range Italian Restaurant in France my view is as follows:

Great service, delicious food and delightful al fresco dining combine to make this restaurant well worth a visit.

Pizza was delicious, a crisp base with deliciously fresh ingredients. The meat Capaletti with Arrabiata sauce was truly excellent.

Not Italian fine dining but simple, fresh and delicious food to be savoured!

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

We stopped by for a quick lunch and were very impressed! The pizza chef is originally from Sicily and he makes incredible pizzas! We were made to feel very welcome, especially when I noted the chef had a mutual addiction to candy crush! If you want a change from French cuisine in a friendly environment this place is recommended.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Lovely place to visit. We go throughout the year. Love pastas, pizzas, antipasta. Freshly prepared. Good wine list. Very small space, but it's a joy. Summer time, plenty of seating outside. Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Wanting a casual, easy dinner, we stopped in this small restaurant and had a really great meal. There are only 4 or 5 tables, almost a mix of a shop and a restaurant. With several fresh pasta options, pizzas ( individual) and salads, etc. We had a great bottle of italian red wine. You can choose your pasta sauce- my husand stuck with a simple cheese ravioli and Neopolitan red sauce, and I had a simple margarita pizza. Having grown up eating Italian food in and around New York, I can honestly say the fresh pasta was some of the best I have ever tasted. My pizza was great, no complaints and I ate it all. The owner and one daughter were there- he in the kitchen and she serving. I don't understand the complaints about them being unfriendly- I guess some people can have off-days, but we were treated perfectly well. Some of the other tables had plates of roasted vegetables and other pastas. A couple next to us was speaking to the owner in Italian and we ended up all talking- the woman at the table even came over to give me a sip of her limoncello (sp?). There were definitely some upscale french choices, but if you want another options, I HIGHLY recommend this great little Italian spot for a casual dinner of great pasta and pizza.

Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

Reasonably priced pizzas. Not a huge choice. Home cooked. But not even close to the fourth best restaurant in Chinon! As currently rated here on TripAdvisor.