“So Nice ..”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I stay on the mercure hotel... But the Le barentin is a very good place to eat and the service is very good .. Love from Denmark.. ;-)

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I stay at the Mercure across the street a couple of times a year and Le Barentin is always a stop for dinner. Had the warm goat cheese salad and filet of beef. The need comes with two sauces, the mustard being my favorite. Beef was cooked to perfection - medium rare. Great experience overall, I will come back again.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed in the Mercure hotel for one night on way down to south of France. Le Barentin is opposite the hotel. Food was very good, and staff were friendly and attentive. The Isle Flottant was made to order, enormous and beautifully made. A really lovely surprise on an overnight stop over.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I am staying at the Hotel Escale Oceania Orleans and this restaurant was recommended by the hotel staff. The place was not too busy on a Tuesday night. I had the beef with two sauces with frites and it was great. The beef was cooked perfectly and was very tender. The two sauces were a nice contrast to each other. I had the Williamson dessert (pear sorbet with pear liquor). A nice combination. Service was friendly and my meal was served in short order. I would definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

I wrote the first review of this restaurant a few years ago. We have eaten here each year since on our return journey from the south and are never disappointed.
The welcome was warm on our first visit and has increased year by year. The couple who run it are lovely and have suffered because of the economic climate, like most businesses in Europe and the UK. They have changed the pricing structure on the menu and the decor to keep up to date, and find their place in the local market, and this year was busier than last.
The wine we chose was a Corbiere at 16Euro a bottle, and I enjoyed it very much. The starters of king prawns, smoked salmon and goats cheese were all excellent, and the mains of steaks (3 of us) and chicken were also lovely. The sauces served with the steaks were great accompaniments to the tender and tasty meat.
Desserts were also tasty and beautifully served.
So, another great meal, and yes we will be back there again next year. We almost think the end of the holiday is something to look forward to, we definately look forward to our next visit to Le Barentin.

1  Thank destinyschild