“Excellent value for money”
Review of Hotel Vendome

Hotel Vendome
Ranked #49 of 88 Hotels in Tours
Reviewed 5 February 2014

A very pleasant little hotel, centrally situated. Five minutes' walk from the ice-rink (we had come to compete) and close to restaurants and city centre. Hosts incredibly friendly and helpful, to the point of finding my phone number to telephone and say we'd left something at the hotel and they would keep it for us.

Only 4 stars as the bathroom was badly laid out, and it was, as other travellers have said, slightly noisy - other people's footsteps, mostly, which echoed and occasionally sounded as though they were in the room. But we would definitely stay there again, it was excellent value for money.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Vendome

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Ten minutes walk from the train station and close to Place Jean Jaurès with buses and tram that will take you to the rue nationale shopping area, this hotel is ideally situated.
The rooms are simple but have very comfortable beds.
We stayed for a short week in december an will probably go back when visiting Tours.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JAZZandCAT
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Super hosts , good room , great location. Highly reccomended for any one on a budget. A little knowledge of french is an advantage.
Hotel is close to number of restaurants and about 15 mins from rail station or city centre.Would visit again.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Hosts were very kind; decorations were nice, old style but with taste; breakfast (homemade bread and pastry + butter + jam; coffe, milk and fresh juice) was served in china service, which we found very sweet, we felt like in the 40's :)
Quite small room but we didn't need more; we had separate beds, but each of them quite large. WiFi. No elevator.
In the midst of renovating, but it didn’t bother us as we stayed here 2 nights during the weekend (Sat + Sun).
Location: 5-10 minutes from the town centre

Room Tip: No elevator, so mind the floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I stayed in room 105 which is next to the staircase. Every single time someone steps in the stairs, it makes terrible noise. I can't count how many times I woke up in the middle of night and early morning. If you are shallow sleeper, I wouldn't recommend this hotel.
The room itself is rather small but clean and lovely. However, if your height is less than 160cm the censer for the light in shower room won't work - that was my case. I had to stretch my arms to have work... and the light was turned off during taking shower, it was not nice at all!
駅から徒歩5分くらいですし、徒歩5分弱のところにスーパーがあって便利です。内装は新しくキレイで、部屋は狭かったけれど階段からの音をのぞくと居心地は良かったです。
105号室(ダブルのシングルユース)に泊まったのですが、階段の横で騒音が酷くて寝不足になりました。古い木製の階段なので人が歩くたびにギシギシという大きな音がして、夜中とか早朝に人が通るたびに音がして、寝ていても何度も起きてしまいました。また、室内で物を食べてはいけないと言われました。シャワー室の電気がセンサーでスイッチが入るようになっていて、慎重155cmの私には反応しませんでした。両手を大きく上げて振り回して漸くライトがつくので、シャワーを浴びている途中で電気が切れたりして不便でした。それと、建物内が工事中なので少々見苦しいかも。。。

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Nana_K_UK
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Stayed for one night (15/06/2013) at the beginning of a 2 week holiday in France. Chose this guest house (despite its title, it is not a hotel) mainly for its location close to Tours railway station & town centre. Was welcomed at the front door by the husband (the guest house is run by a middle aged couple) who told me which room I had (on the 2nd floor) and what time breakfast was. He did not offer to take my suitcase upstairs as other reviewers have mentioned, possibly because it was large & heavy-ish, but maybe also to do with the staircase. There was building work taking place in the stairwell, and the stairs themselves were wooden and rather rickety; I am convinced that in some places the stairs were loose (I had booked to stay here again at the end of my holiday but cancelled due to my concerns with the stairs). My room overlooked the back of the property and was very quiet overnight, the most noise coming from other guests walking up the stairs to their rooms. I had breakfast the next morning, but that was a very poor offering: a glass of juice, 2 slices of bread, 2 slices of brioche, a small pat of butter and just over a cup of coffee with no refills offered.
To sum up, I would only advise couples or singles to stay here; because of the - possibly - dangerous stairs this guest house would not be suitable for people with young children/babies, the elderly or anyone with a physical disability. And I wouldn't have the breakfast as it is poor value

Room Tip: Can't really advise as I only saw the room I was in....................
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank PAUL048
Reviewed 24 June 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Vendome this past weekend. We had a lovely experience. We were greeted upon arriving by the owner. She was so kind and hospitable. She showed us our room. Her English was very good, and she was so helpful. The inn is close to the Jardin d'Or. We found it easy to walk everywhere in the city, only maybe 10 minutes to the train station. The street was quiet. We did not have breakfast, but it smelled delicious as we were leaving.
We stayed in the Studio room. It was a great deal and bang for our buck! We joked that it was larger and more luxurious than our Paris apartment. It had a kitchen (that we didn't use, but it was very nice), bathroom (lots of hot water!), and 2 beds that were comfortable and clean. The studio is not in the main house, so we had to go inside to use the WIFI, but that is totally understandable in my book. The hotel is older, but it is well kept, clean, and has a personal touch (that I love). We were complicated in making our plans, but the owner was very accommodating and kind. She also held our bags for us while we looked at chateaux during the day.
We had a wonderful stay and I would greatly recommend this hotel for a stay in Tours. I hope to visit again soon! Thanks for having us and for being such gracious hosts!

Room Tip: The studio has a lot of space and is plenty of room for up to 4 people. It also has a kitchen!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple