“We are back again!”

Hotel Des Arts
Ranked #48 of 88 Hotels in Tours
“We are back again!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel is located in the city centre, close to the train station too. Easy to find. The lady is very friendly, my bad that I don't speak much French, boyfriend sorted out the room. Room was small but had everything you need. Seperate shower room. Clean and neat.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Whittier, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

I stayed in room 9 of this hotel and it was the most uncomfortable, awkward, tight room I have had the displeasure of staying in. The bathroom stall is tiny and impossible to turn around in to take a decent shower. I am only 5'2" and I had a horrible time trying to shower. The climb up to my room was tedious and cumbersome as the spiral staircase got narrower and steeper wrung each flight. The protruding beams in the room limited the walking space, and I bumped my head, hard, several times because of the poor design of the cramped room.

The woman in charge showed total indifference when I requested a room on another floor.

I did not enjoy staying here at all. Hopefully this review will help other travelers chose elsewhere to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Alwaysafirtstime

Travellers are raving about these Tours hotels

New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

For the price, especially if you're sharing the room, this hotel is a good value. It is close to the train station and has a parking lot just up the street (though you have to pay until maybe 7 pm when it becomes free overnight). It's small and quiet. It's far away from the picturesque part of town, though close to the pretty museum and cathedral. The owner did not have any maps of the city, so make sure to stop at the nearby tourism office to pick on up.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Melissa K
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

Me and my brother stayed here when biking round france, we asked for a twin room in our terrible french and got booked a double which is my only complaint with the place (probably our fault anyway, who knows what we actually said). it was fully booked so we just made do as we were knackered and it was a nice place and it wasn't a problem, very quiet and clean, had a lot of charm, definitely recommend it. :)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ken W
Timaru
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2011

This hotel is within five minutes walk away from the Train Station. And it's also tucked neatly in the City Centre & yet, away from hustle bustle to enable u to have a good sleep in the evening. The sound insulation in between rooms is naught but there's nothing that the hotel owner can do since that it's an old building. The room contains all the basics, wi-fi and also a little balcony (for mine anyway) which enables me to open the French doors to let the fresh air & sunlight in whilst looking at humanity below me. The hotel owner is accommodating & very friendly despite her limited English. If I were to nitpick, there's hardly any power plugs in the room, which is the same for all budget hotels that I have been staying in.This is truly a hands-on hotel because when it's meal time, u can smell the food aroma sifting through the rooms. No matter how economical a chain hotel is, I would always opt to stay in organic hotels because they remind me of home away from home. Nothing is ever perfect and that's my point because at our own home, nothing ever seems to work:) Keep me grounded, I guess. Commendable stay.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank wiredfrog
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2011

Small, "French" and good stopover location. Old style building close to historic sights in Tour. Comfortable and friendly. Good breakfast. Very inexpensive public parking (free overnight) within a few yards of the hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Graham K
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

Hotel Des Arts was really lovely. It's nestled in a back street so it was very quiet, but only about 5 min walk from the main shopping street and about 5 min to the main train station.

It is about a 3 min walk to the Tourist Office where all the Chateau tours leave from.

The staff did not speak English, but were very helpful and friendly, and with my bad French we were able to ask for anything we needed.

Breakfast was offered daily for approx 6EU either in your room or downstairs. There are only about 10 rooms so it is very quiet here, and feels really private.

The rooms were bright and cosy, and there was free WiFi in our room, plus a TV.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple