“Perfect Day!”

Loire Valley Time Travel Day Tours
Ranked #2 of 8 Food & Drink in Tours
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: The owners of Loire Valley Time Travel are originally from Australia, and toured the world before settling in France and deciding to share their love of the Loire Valley with visitors. On all of our tours Simon drives the classic cars, while Susan shares her wealth of knowledge about the Loire's history, way of life and natural environment. We provide custom private tours of the Loire Valley, traveling in our classic French 1953 Citroen Traction Avant, and we try to make a day with us like having a day out with friends. We visit the grand chateau you have always dreamed of seeing, stopping along the way at small overlooked sites that can range from WW2 memorials to ancient ruins and troglodyte caves.
Reviewed 20 August 2015

We booked a 1 day tour with Time Travel Tours and it was absolutely the highlight of our trip. Susan and Simon were an absolute delight. They were beyond helpful during the planning process and even gave me additional information regarding my stay that was unrelated to the tour. Susan was very informative and made the tours interested. I highly recommend booking with them and we plan on touring with them again.

2  Thank lisbeth636
"wealth of information"
"french history"
"delicious lunch"
in 3 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 4 reviews
"cave"
"hosts"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 29 July 2015

We booked a 2 day tour with Susan & Simon in their beautiful vintage car and they went out of their way to plan an itinerary that accommodated what we wanted to see. The wine farms we visited were well planned & they made sure we had a good spread of farms over the two days. Susan was also well informed on the chateaux in the area making the visits all the more interesting - would thoroughly recommend Loire Valley Time Travel.

1  Thank christineT7532SX
Reviewed 14 July 2015

Simon and Susan picked us up at la Maison Jules promptly at 9 am in the beautiful Claudette. After visiting the Chateau Chenocceau for two hours we ventured out for lunch, more local style French food. Also visited and toured the mushroom caves nearby. After travelling around we visited a couple of wineries and had wine and cheese pairing....yum! Simon and Susan were great company for the day and very knowledgeable about this area. We returned to our accommodation around 8 pm after having a most enjoyable day. Couldn't have asked for any better.

4  Thank Julie B
Reviewed 9 July 2015

Susan was very helpful when we organised this tour from Australia and gave me lots of useful information and, reading all the wonderful reviews on tripadvisor, I was really looking forward to an amazing day. Sadly, maybe Susan and Simon had a bad day but we really didn’t enjoy the time we spent with them when they were both together. Susan was brilliant when we were with her doing tours through various sites and was very knowledgeable about a wide range of subjects. I was also very pleased that we saw some interesting, lesser-known churches and, again, Susan had some very interesting insights to offer. The visit to the winery was also wonderful – we loved the insight we got into the way a very small producer operated and their sparkling wine was fantastic! But at lunch and when we were driving they spent a lot of time mildly bickering with other which was very disconcerting. I was also disappointed that they hadn’t told me in advance that Azay-le-Rideau was undergoing extensive renovations so was covered in scaffolding – I would have asked to go somewhere else if I had known. Overall, we much preferred our second day in the Loire Valley when we used trains to go to Chenonceau and Amboise. If it had been Susan driving us and showing us around, I would rate this as a 4 or 5 but as it was, I can only give this experience a 3.

6  Thank Reviewfromfiona
See more reviews
Reviewed 8 July 2015

This was quite simply the most fantastic two days in the Loire Valley. Susan and Simon picked us up from La Maison Jules - more about this lovely place later, and gave us two days of driving around the Loire valley in their gorgeous 1935 Citroen. They took us to the big sights, Chenonceau, Loches, Azay le Rideau and Villandrey, but also to little places we would never have known about without them, such as this little village covered in roses, just unbelievably beautiful. Not to mention finishing each day at a local winery to taste wines we had not experienced before. All along the way, Susan gave us the benefit of her extensive knowledge of history, the preservation of historic sites, natural history and much much more. Together they gave us two days filled with not only all that I have listed, but also fun and friendship. We felt as though we had known them for years! T,hank you so much to both of you, we loved every minute!

3  Thank GGNZ12