“Lovely place to stay and loved Tours”
Review of La Maison Jules

La Maison Jules
Ranked #1 of 21 Tours B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Found this beautiful B&B on Tripadvisor, and stayed one night on the way from Paris to Bordeaux. We were in the Martin room, which is huge and luxurious. Alex is an excellent host and served a very good breakfast. She also recommended a good restaurant for our anniversary dinner, and that was a great meal (Saint Honore).
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Can only recommend the Martin room which overlooks the rear rather than the street. I don't know...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

I found La Maison Jules while looking for somewhere to stay in Tours for one night. I am so happy my husband and I got the chance to stay in such a lovely guesthouse...it was luxurious, the bed was so comfortable and Alexandra was the perfect hostess! We were made to feel very welcome even though we only stayed for one night (by the way, we found a free car park around the corner). Alexandra gave us two restaurant options within walking distance ( didn't want to lose that perfect park!) for restaurants serving French food and "Odean"(opposite the train station) proved to be one of the gastronomic highlights of our trip. I can't praise this beautiful guesthouse enough. We will happily stay there again!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We booked our room at La Maison Jules at the suggestion of Susan Walters of Loire Valley Time Travel, tourtheloire.com. She gave us three suggestions and after calling and checking Trip Advisor we chose La Maison Jules. We couldn't have been happier with the choice. Alexandra (Alex) was an incredible host and her home was absolutely beautiful. We arrived in the late afternoon and Alex checked us in and showed us around the house as well as give us some pointers on things to see in Tours as well as make some recommendations for dinner that evening. Her choice for dinner was a home run! The room we were assigned to, Martin, was huge and had a nice view of the courtyard and was very, very quiet. This was really what a couple of weary travelers needed after the long flight from Seattle to Paris and the train ride from CDG to Tours. The next morning for breakfast we had croissants, ham and our choice of eggs along with coffee, juice, fruit and almost anything else you wanted. It was a real feast! The fun part about breakfast was meeting and talking with the other travelers. On that morning we had visitors from Switzerland, Australia and the good ole US. We spent the better part of the morning talking with everyone before heading out for a day of castle exploring in Longais. This has to be one of the nicest places that we have stayed. The rooms were huge, beautifully decorated with modern fixtures and gave you a very warm, comfortable feeling. Also, the location was perfect. Everything in Tours was within walking distance of our room. Alex made us feel like best friends from the moment we met her. We really felt like part of the family and even met her young children and husband. If we ever have the opportunity to visit Tours we will definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are very nice!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dastravelers
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I stayed at La Maison Jules for one night before a biking trip through the Loire Valley. The property is BEAUTIFUL and the host, Alexandra, couldn't be more lovely. It's only a couple minutes walk from the train station however, being on a side street, it is very quiet and relaxing. Alexandra made me feel right at home and was very accommodating to let me check in early so I could take a nap (jet lag). I just love the sanctuary she has created. She and her family live in the carriage house behind the B&B (the main house) and they share a beautiful courtyard. The entire property is behind locked doors to the street making it feel very private and safe. The interior design is understated yet elegant and dare I say it is the cleanest property I have ever stayed in... ever (Four Seasons included on that list)! I just loved it. I wish I could have spent more days at La Maison Jules. Alas .............. Thank you so much Alexandra! I hope to see you on my next trip to France!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Renee F
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We only had one evening and breakfast at La Maison Jules, but it was really memorable. The hostess, Alexandra, was so warm and inviting. She translated between guests at breakfast to make it comfortable for everyone. The home is gorgeous...renovated tastefully just a year ago by her father who is in interior architect.

It's on a quiet street with a lovely green deck in the garden. Don't miss this place if you are staying in Tours.

Room Tip: We chose Room Grégoire which has a really big bathroom and bathtub. It's on the top floor with n...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2013

we stayed for 2 nights in September. This is a beautiful property. Our room was big and airy and very clean and very comfortable beds. It is located in a quiet side street near the old town and the cathedral. Alexandra is the perfect hostess. Lovely breakfasts and nothing was too much trouble. Highly recommended if visiting Tours.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2013

My friends and I stayed her only one night, en route from Paris to the Medoc, but it was a wonderful night! The three of us stayed in the two-bedroom suite at the top of the house (two floors up with suitcases - the only drawback!), which was wonderfully decorated, with supremely comfortable beds, and a beautifully outfitted bathroom.

There is no off-street parking at the house, but plenty of cheap, public parking is available a short distance away (closer to the train station). The centre of town, and loads of dining choices are just a short walk away, and you can easily take an afternoon stroll down to the cathedral, and along the Loire, before playing eeny-meeny-miney-mo, to choose where to eat your dinner!

Breakfast was a delightful affair, with fresh slices of baguette and warm croissants, lovely butter, ham, jam and eggs cooked to order, plus fresh brewed coffee or tea.

All in all, this was an excellent place to stay, and I would definitely stay here again if I am back in Tours.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends