“Excellence of service!”

Dining options: Reservations
Abrantes, Santarem, Portugal
“Excellence of service!”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

This is a restaurante to visit if you visit TOURS.
The staff is very helpfull and professional.
The food was tremendous!

• Visited February 2014

Somerset
“An excellent lunch in the centre of Tours”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Birthdays are always a good excuse to go out and share a good meal. As it was the birthday of a friend who lives in Tours, we decided we would try a restaurant there that neither of us had been to before. We chose 'L'Arôme' because of its proximity, being very close to the tramway and the shops on rue Nationale.

The restaurant was very busy that lunch time and we were given a table at the back of the restaurant, in a small side room. The outlook was pleasant and the room was well decorated and light, however because of the low ceiling and the number of people in the room, it proved to be very noisy. However, the good service and the excellent food made up for this. Our waitress saw me give my friend her birthday presents and she also wished her a very happy birthday.

We both ate from the 'menu découverte' at 24 euros. I chose dishes that I wouldn't normally have eaten. We started with a 'marbre de cepes'- a mixture of large wild mushrooms and potatoes. I don't usually like 'cepes' very much, but I found this unusual starter delicious. We followed this by a risotto with sweetbreads of lamb. Again, this would not normally have been a first choice, but it was excellent. The desserts were a trifle. My friend's arrived with a candle placed in the middle and as the waitress put it on the table she sang Happy Birthday to her. We considered that this was very thoughtful. I found the trifle rather disappointing though, considering the quality of the previous two courses. There was far too much synthetic 'Chantilly cream' for my liking.

We considered that the lunch had been a great success, despite the high level of noise in the small side room we were in. The service was excellent, the dishes well-presented and of a very good quality.

• Visited December 2013
Antwerp, Belgium
“Very good”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Nice little restaurant with surprising combinations on the menu. Went there with my family and all dishes were simply delicious. As mentioned in other reviews, you do have to reserve. The restaurant was packed when we arrived.

• Visited August 2013
New York City, New York
“Very good table ...!”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

After a very peasant day to visit the Chateaux de la Loire we wanted to make sure the day will end perfectly.
So we went to L'AROME in Tours Colbert street ... and guess what ? it was a good idea..! !
We started with a suggestion of Jerome the waiter .. sorry I forgot the nam but I 'll never forget the taste ..! ! evil ! ! !
Then we continue with shrimps with a delicate sauce .. incredible ..
Jerome made our day !
If you go to Tours .. make a stop at l'AROME ..

• Visited July 2013
Wellington
“Smart French Dining”
Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

Our small group dined at L'Arome after a recommendation and I pass this treasure on to other Tripadvisor readers. The food was outstanding - smart, modern French and prepared and presented with care. The service was relaxed, efficient and good humoured and the wine recommendations were spot on. I'd love to have this restaurant at home so if you're passing through, do enjoy. We did.

• Visited July 2013