“Continues to be nothing short of fabulous”
Review of Bistrot le 7

Bistrot le 7
Ranked #25 of 79 Restaurants in Epernay
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
San Francisco
“Continues to be nothing short of fabulous”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We went back again this year, this time for dinner. We do come here every year for lunch or dinner, and it just never disappoints. We did book, which I think is likely necessary for dinner, and we arrived as they opened. The service here is always spot on, extremely efficient, knowledgable, friendly. The champagne list is excellent with extremely fair pricing. We were the first ones there at 7pm, but then the place starts filling up. Before long, it was full; yet you can still have an audible conversation, it's not too loud - although busy - and the staff don't miss a beat. Great French food at reasonable prices, you get quite a lot on a plate, and it's very fresh. The menu is such that I struggled to choose what I wanted to go for due to several inviting choices. The menu is just the right size; not too much, but everything on there looks good. As usual, we were not disappointed. Also worth noting is that although they are busy and I am sure can turn tables easily, you never feel rushed or as though they want you out the door; you get to take your time and enjoy. Great little restaurant -- highly recommended.

• Visited July 2014

San Francisco, California
“More stars needed!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Dined here last night and we arrived early, had a wonderful table, and by the time we left every table was filled. Absolutely wonderful cuisine...starting with a cucumber tartare and a lovely green salad with a fabulous dressing. Delicious Filet de Boeuf Stroganoff was enjoyed by my husband and I loved my "custom" vegetable plate. Lovely wines....dessert was a terrific strawberry Melba served with requested hot chocolate sauce.
A highlight was meeting the very happy, friendly chef!
A great dining experience.. Fabulous!

• Visited July 2014
Swansea, United Kingdom
“A pleasant surprise”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This small hotel has two restaurants, one with a Michelin star. This is the alternative and a very reasonable one at that. We had a pleasant, appetising and filling meal after a long drive. Wines are quite expensive compared to British prices but a 2009 Bordeaux at 35 euros was worth every mouthful! Excellent service and pleasant ambience.

• Visited May 2014
Abergavenny, United Kingdom
“Surprisingly good”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We did not think that a restaurant attached to a small hotel would be as good. The food was excellent and well prepared. The service was also very good. My husband had snails to start which were excellent (not in their shells). The bass I had as a main course was cooked to perfection. The meal was very expensive and was not good value for money compared with other restaurants we visited on this trip but still very good and I would go there again.

• Visited April 2014
London
“Mediocre at best”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Maybe they had an off night the evening we went, but the food was mediocre at best, downright lazy at worst. A variation on a smoked salmon roulade with shrimp as a starter, dressed with a sweet chile sauce which could only have come out of a bottle, was warm and almost tasteless despite being advertised as having mango in it. I confess I ate mine as I was starving, but my wife left hers. And then the main dishes, oh dear. Shrimp on a skewer, two skewers five shrimps each lightly done on the grill, with a tiny portion of pasta and that bottled sweet chile sauce, €25. I had 2 sea bass fillets carelessly stacked on top of each other garnished with a meaningless grey mini-shrimp buttery sauce and rice. What saved the night was a fabulous bottle and a half of Chablis, and two excellent desserts. As I said at the beginning, maybe they had a bad night but this was supremely indifferent cooking, which coming from the heart of the champagne region was even more disappointing.

• Visited March 2014