All reviews good size champagne houses tea and coffee facilities great champagne central location parking kettle
Reviewed 15 May 2017

I stayed at this hotel as part of a large group. The room was neat, clean, airy and perfect for an overnight stay.

The staff were friendly. They humoured my attempts at speaking French and were immensely helpful to me and to other members of the group.

Breakfast was more than decent. There was plenty on the buffet for a good continental breakfast and fresh tea, coffee or chocolate

I am planning a return visit to this gorgeous little town and would certainly stay at the Best Western another time.

Room tip: There is a lift so all rooms are easy to reach with luggage.
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank TwinkleyAngel
Eric F, Responsable réception at Hotel de Champagne, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2018

Dear Madam / Sir,

We thank you and we wish you an happy new year.
There is a change of owners, it means that works will be done in all parts of the hotel (hall, rooms, bathrooms) during this year.

With best regards.

Julien

The Reception Desk

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

I highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for great value and location. The receptionist spoke perfect English and was very accommodating. The rooms were clean and well maintained. It is certainly not modern and the pictures online paints a mediocre image but I would come back to this hotel again. The manager was also kind enough to eliminate the cancellation charges for the second night (we decided to spend the second night in Reims BW instead). Breakfast was good and commensurate with the price you are paying. It is only within 5 minutes walk of the Avenue de Champagne.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank lbpuller23

Dear Madam / Sir,

We thank you and we wish you an happy new year.
There is a change of owners, so works will be done in the rooms during this year.

With best regards.

Julien

The Reception Desk

Reviewed 16 November 2016

This is solid Best Western quality, not more and not less. Hotel doesn't make the newest impression, but all is clean and well maintained, but do not expect a new hotel. It is solid Best Western quality. Breakfast was also average, probably on top level for the price but really ok. Biggest plus is the location: you can walk into the real center, meaning in the evening you can easily go out and leave you car behind. This was my motivation to try this one out and we'll come definitely back. Second plus on a weekend is that the parking on the street in front of hotel is free of charge after 7pm on Friday, that means really easy to arrive and park. animals are allowed, our dog felt comfortable, and there is just 5 minutes away some green with gras.
Sleeping quality was high, room was really calm.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2016

My husband and I rolled into Epernay without a place to stay. I was a little miffed, but hubby was confident that we would find a room and we walked into the Best Western. We were greeted by a lovely dark haired young woman who spoke English and said they had one room available for a very reasonable rate. Hubby really lucked out. I was very pleased with our room on the 4th floor. After coming from a room in Paris with no bathtub, I so enjoyed a nice long bath in the huge tub. We walked to Moet and did the tour and then visited a few smaller houses, ending our night in Epernay with an awesome Italian meal. We slept like rocks.The view of the rooftops of Epernay was beautiful in the morning, and I thank the BW for making it happen.

Room tip: Best to book in advance, ask for a high floor.
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2016

Just returned from a 2 night stay at the Best Western hotel in Epernay, France...August 13th & 14th.

It was a last minute booking and pickings were very limited. I tried to get into the Hotel Eugene but it was booked.

Based on the choices that I was given, I wanted a hotel to be clean, with my own bathroom, air conditioning and centrally located so I could walk everywhere. It met all my needs. The bed was extremely comfortable. The hotel itself is very dated but very clean. The location was much better than that of Hotel Eugene to walk to everything. I did not get the breakfast. Instead we went out to eat in the square.

The receptionists' were very helpful. They guided me as to how to go about buying my train ticket at the actual train station. I ended up saving about $15 on my train ticket if I would have paid on line. I was heading to Paris after my stay in Epernay.

The town itself is small. It is beautiful. You can walk everywhere. This hotel was close to everything including the train station. I did take a cab to the train once I had all my luggage since I had too much to carry. It cost 3 Euros. I had walked there earlier to buy my train ticket in advance. Beautiful walk.

Make sure to book reservations to get into the big champagne houses. Check out the tourist office for all your questions. Ophelia, at the tourist office was excellent with her guidance. There are usually 2 champagne houses at the office so you can taste their champagne,

I highly recommend to visit Charles Mignon champagne house. Great champagne, Great tasting and tour experience. They sell it in the states (FL, NY & TX) so you can continue enjoying it when you get home. I bought several bottles and my friends' were very impressed.

Great time was had in Epernay!

Room tip: 2nd floor in a corner room. It was very quiet. The air conditioning worked great!
Date of stay: August 2016