“Absolutely delicious!”
Review of version originale

version originale
Reserve with
version originale is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 458 Restaurants in Reims
Price range: US$21 - US$59
Cuisines: International, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 24 November 2011

With all of the mixed reviews, I wasn't sure what to expect. Well, start to finish it was one of the best experiences I had in Reims. Coupe de champagne offered with starter. Every course was perfectly prepared and seasoned, though the presentation was very straightforward, nothing remarkable. The dessert pan-fried banana spring rolls with chocolate sauce to drizzle over them was to die for - so simple yet so delicious! The service was attentif and unintrusive. I should add that even though I mistakenly arrived a day early they graciously accommodated me.

1  Thank Indigo0044

Reviewed 3 October 2011

Nice restaurant in a very cozy atmosphere. Very friendly service and food of an excellent quality. It was our 2nd visit and we will go back for sure.

3  Thank Dirk M
Reviewed 16 September 2011

Modern, pretty small, lounge-like restaurant that serves excellent food at fair prices.
The service is warm and professional, and children get special attention.
Really recommendable.

2  Thank carpevinum
Reviewed 6 July 2011

My wife and I have just spent 3 weeks traveling around Europe and wanted a special ending to the trip to celebrate our 20th anniversary. We spent the morning at Epernay and did the Moet tour and then had dinner at Version Originale in Reims. Great service, WONDERFUL food and the night we were looking for. Not outrageously expensive so we highly recommend you eat there.

1  Thank CraigandAmy_11
Reviewed 13 April 2011

I visited this restaurant twice.
The first time in octobre 2010 , it was very good. We all eat meat (fillet mignon) and we liked it very much. The price-quality was good.

But last weekend I tried it again, together with my wife and another couple. Two of us are Vegetarian and we tried to explain this in english, because we cannot speek french. The waiter said that he understood us therefore we thought that we would get both an appetizer and a vegetarian main course.
Unfortunately we only got a complete large salad as appetizer and as a main course we got nothing. This was really strange. A salad for a dinner in this quality restaurant.??
We called for the waiter and asked him if he understood us. he did as if he did not understand us and did not speak English. He was very unfriendly. When we finished (2 of us) the main course , we had to wait 40 minutes for the same waiter (2 waiters in total restaurant on 55 people) before he took the empty plates. After that we had to wait 30 minutes for dessert.
Conclusion,; very long waiting times, bad quality of vegetarian dishes, staff do not speak englisch, unfriendly.
I will never go again! The waiter did not treated us friendly.

5  Thank Pieter01051974

Been to version originale? Share your experiences!