“Pretty good find... would try again but a different dish... nice patio”
Review of Brasserie La Lorraine - CLOSED

Brasserie La Lorraine
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centre Erlon-Est
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I found this was not too overpriced for the location we were in. I ordered mussels and it was a huge pot of them two of us could not even finish and it was 13 euro. The water and beer was priced fair--what you could expect for the area. Nice patio for enjoying the outdoors too.

My friend got a flamekuchen which came with an egg served in the middle of it. I have never seen that and thought it was pretty gross, but hey, this is Europe! My other girlfriend ordered the steak with shallot sauce and a side of scallop potatoes and she loved it! Escargot for a starter was yummy. After I ordered I saw the scallop dish with lobster sauce...wish I would have ordered this because the serving size was more appropriate for one person (smaller).

Reviewed 1 June 2012 via mobile

We had the carpaccio, duck breast and kid's menu. Carpaccio was ok, duck was rubbery and fish nuggets were frozen crap chucked in the fryer. Desserts were ok. Atmosphere was nice, but we were sitting outside. All in all it was not bad – just order the safe-difficult-to-screw-up dishes.

Reviewed 2 May 2012

This little hot pink bistro is teriffic. Most unusual crepes and cider from the Normandy region. Salads included at a very fair price. I had chicken with mushroom sauce, in a folded buckwheat crepe. My husband a a huge bowl of wonderful potato soup.

Reviewed 8 April 2012

Our experience was an altogether better one than others have described. The service was speedy.and friendly and food tasty and well cooked. The place was packed with locals on the 2 occasions we visited which speaks for itself. Prices represented good value for money especially drinks. I have no hesitation in recommending this cosy and welcoming brasserie

Reviewed 6 August 2011

Was recommended by the hotel Sofitel near the Arc. Should have checked TA first. Seafood is fresh but the rest of the menu is way over priced for quality of food. Go elsewhere.