“Go for the escargot!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #48 of 434 Restaurants in Reims
Price range: US$19 - US$54
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Toronto, Canada
“Go for the escargot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

The restaurant is cozy and easy to find. The food was really well prepared and beautifully displayed. We ordered escargot as a starter...when in France. It was absolutely delicious, even my 5 year old tried it and liked it. The only reason I give it a 4 not a 5 is that my grandma joined us and her duck was a bit tough and didn't meet the standert if the other meals. I also found it a bit pricey, but worth it. The food was really good!

Voorburg
“Fine restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

Very nice little restaurant close to the Town Hall. We had a tasty menu - foie gras and duck for myself, fish for my husband - and we were also served 2 delicious "amuses". The service was discreet though attentive.

1 Thank Monica P
“Magnifique!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

Restaurant is located near to the city hall in Reims. It was very easy to get to this restaurant with the help of google map.

My partner and I visited this restaurant in early Oct 2013. From the moment we entered the establishment, the service staff made us feel so welcome. As we do not speak French, we were served by the only female service staff whom I think is the only staff who speaks English, rendered the most hospitable service throughout the evening.

Great champagne and wine selection available. We were served a superb amuse bouche - duck terrine soup. When the amuse bouche was already so divine, we can only expect a terrific dinner awaits. I ordered a black pork as my main while my partner chose a beef steak that was served with risotto and shaved black truffle. I had the BEST pork ever!! it was soooo good! very tender, very juicy and it went very well with the sauce served. My partner was very pleased with the beef steak too. By the time we completed our mains, we were too full for dessert but because desserts were ordered in advance, we could not cancel. Desserts were not disappointing but the wait for dessert to be served was about 30min.

Prices are reasonably priced. When the bill came, it was about 120 euros. It was such an amazing dining experience and at a steal!! What else could we ask for?

Partner thought it was such a good restaurant that we returned the next evening without reservation. They accepted us and were happy to have us back. This time, i tried the lobster ravioli and i must say i have never tasted anything soooo delicious like this! For such a great entree, it was only 18euros!!! I love it and if i'm ever going back to Reims, I will definitely dine here again! Le Pre Champenois, you are truly awesome!!

1 Thank JettingHydrangeas
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
“Good food - very slow service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

The food itself was very good, but the service slow and a bit hectic. Difficult to get water and it took about 2 hours to get our mains. Lots of bread and amuse to fill the time though... The service really affected the whole evening, unfortunately.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Newcastle, Australia
“Great dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

We booked this restaurant based on the great reviews it already had and we were not disappointed. It was a very rainy night in Reims so the restaurant was very quiet but the service was still unobtrusive and attentive. Our French was not great, but the hostess was very accommodating with her English. The food was sensational - we had the escargot and mushroom entrée, and the rabbit and beef mains with foie gras. The bread and amuse bouche were also a nice touch. A very cozy restaurant away from the tourist strip. Highly recommended.

• Visited September 2013