“My favourite restaurant in the Champagne region”
Review of Le Pre Champenois

Le Pre Champenois
Ranked #70 of 458 Restaurants in Reims
Price range: US$21 - US$59
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Perfect ingredients, extraordinary execution, impeccable presentation - and a great selection of independent Champagne producers. Our favourite restaurant in the Champagne region.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

We got a place for lunch without reservation, nice place, good service, the taste of the food is excellent, I would have liked a bit more, we got only one piece of bread.

1  Thank nelly w
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We ate here earlier this week with a group of friends to celebrate my husband's birthday. It may have been because of the weather (cold, wet and windy) or the fact that France were playing a critical World Cup qualification match, but we were the only people in the restaurant! It certainly can't have been because of the quality of the food or the value for money, both of which we were most impressed with.

We all decided to opt for the 70€ menu gourmand which offered a choice of main course and dessert but was otherwise a set menu and included a glass of champagne. While perusing the menu we were served delicious cheese choux pastry balls and seafood sandwiches. Next was an amuse bouche of courgette cream with salmon. Then came the starter of foie gras terrine followed by scallops, both of which were beautifully presented and really delicious. After a granite of champagne came the main courses of beef or turbot, both of which were fabulous. We all said that we were too full to eat desserts but, when presented with either a chocolate bombe or a medley of apple desserts, we somehow couldn't resist.

Everything tasted very fresh and was not over fussy (as is so often the case in good restaurants). It was good food, beautifully cooked and presented. What more can you ask!

The wine list was comprehensive and reasonably priced and service was excellent - attentive and friendly, but not too much so.

All in all, I would strongly recommend this restaurant and we will definitely return next time we are in Reims.

1  Thank Gail B
Reviewed 30 October 2013

A friendly welcome by English-speaking staff, and a coupe of champagne while studying a menu of not too many choices. After a complimentary shot of asparagus soup,I started with lobster ravioli - three large ravioli with delicately thin pasta, finely chopped vegetables, a Sauternes sauce, and large and delicious chunks of lobster. This is a dish I shall recall for a long time to come. I followed with another starter of Oeuf en Meurette (poached egg in a red wine sauce) accompanied by a slice of foie gras - very tasty , and leaving room for my wife and I to share Crepes Suzette flamed by our table, and a light and fluffyGrand Marnier souffle accompanied by a blood orange sorbet.This was a meal of the highest standard.

1  Thank anthonya2
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

The restaurant is cozy and easy to find. The food was really well prepared and beautifully displayed. We ordered escargot as a starter...when in France. It was absolutely delicious, even my 5 year old tried it and liked it. The only reason I give it a 4 not a 5 is that my grandma joined us and her duck was a bit tough and didn't meet the standert if the other meals. I also found it a bit pricey, but worth it. The food was really good!