“grotty and unloved”

Ranked #53 of 69 Hotels in Reims
London, United Kingdom
“grotty and unloved”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

shabby furniture and fittings, truly terrible breakfast and to top it off the carpark is reserved for the staff! don't stay here unless you have to. unfortunately we had no choice! if you do then get breakfast elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 5 August 2013

It all averages up.
Reception friendly and helpful, spoke good English, in a non-smoking hotel we got a stinking room. We got another room though. Toilet and shower separate from each other, but that's not a problem. The hotel is old and once you're beyond the reception, gives a shabby impression, but cleaning was adequate. One window in the room, facing a courtyard with direct access from another stair, so due to that, and the loud humming of ventilation, the window had to be closed. Safe in the room, minibar, A/C, so all was good.

Parking will cost you, a bit crowded if all spots are taken. Location is on the outer edge of the most center part of town, it takes only 2 min to walk to all the bars and restaurants around La fontaine Subé.

For the price of €50 it's all quite OK.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
UK
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Having read previous reviews, I was dreading staying. We were pleasantly surprised! Yes the rooms were tired, yes they were slightly small, but still ample. The staff were very helpful, rooms were clean, for the price paid for the central location, with off street parking (pre bookable gated, secure) it was great value. My only criticism was whilst we were there he fire alarm went off, the corridors were dark, there was no clear directions of where to go, and staff were unsure of how to turn it off. However as Simon Calder recommends THE FIRST THING YOU SHOULD DO IS NOTE THE FIRE EXIT ROUTE, I will in future

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
San Francisco
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel at the end of May. There was a medieval festival in Reims and this was the only hotel available.

I stayed in a room in the second floor at the very end of a very narrow corridor. The room size was ok considering the price I paid, and the room and bathroom were clean. These are all the positive things I can say about this hotel.

The breakfast was poor and overpriced, the walls were thin (I could hear everything happening in the corridor and other rooms) but the worst was the service. Upon arrival, I tried to connect to internet but I did not receive the wifi signal. At the beginning I thought it was because I did not have the right wifi access, so I went down to reception to check how to solve it. I waited for +10 minutes and nobody came out to help me. After this time a young woman came out (with her dinner plate in her hands). She was far from nice (I guess she did not enjoyed to be interrupted during her dinner) or helpful. Of course, she could not help me and I went back to the room to discover that I could only get the WIFI signal in a little corner by the window, so practically, I did not have access to internet in the room.

The following day I moved the car from my designated spot and the spot was taken when I returned (there are only 9-10 spots for all the guests). I do not want to go through all the process, but it took me >1 hour to solve it even though I offered to park in the public parking (what I should have done) and they insisted it was not a problem.

I know that the nicer hotels in the area are quite more expensive than this hotel, but if you can afford it, avoid this hotel at any price. I would rather stay further from the area than stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank EDPR

Travellers are raving about these Reims hotels

Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Look for something better. Very old (and not in a good way). Reception couldn't remember WiFi sign in (when there happened to be somone at the desk!); heating/cooling didn't work; TV only in French; walls thin; etc. Keep looking for something better

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Booked room for two with 'suite'.
Noisy: we heard the neighbours from other room enjoying themselves.
Breakfast not included - and available at a hefty price.
Small bathroom.
Single beds joined together, not double.
Shoddy: i.e. bathroom worktop old tiles painted over; old windows no double glazing; closet from cheap painted plywood; dusty - not recommended for anyone allergic to dust mites...

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 4 May 2013

Spent slightly more for the "Prestige Double Room" - which apparantly was a good idea. Lots of space and a nice large bed as well as table and a couple of chairs. Toilet and bathroom functional but not flashy. Seemed clean and was a pleasant stop for the night. Having booked via the internet about an hour before arriving, this was the fastest check-in I have ever experienced! Had my key less than a minute after entering the hotel from very friendly (english speaking!) lady. Very close to the center of the city. Will happily stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple