“Excellent service and beautiful place”

Chateau Les Crayeres
Ranked #1 of 68 Hotels in Reims
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent service and beautiful place”
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

This is my 3rd visit to this property. It is lovely and you feel very special. I am not sure why I felt a bit disappointed this time. Perhaps it is just all too quiet. Anyway food excellent if not memorable, room beautiful and wine outstanding as is the service. Very expensive but you know that going in.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This is a magnificent property, a superb chateau in a wonderful setting. The welcome is warm and beyond the mere call of duty.Champagne for two arrived as soon as we were ensconced in our beautiful room. Every detail is attended to; it is a symphony of magnificence, taste and good service. As this was a Tuesday and the main restaurant was closed, we dined at Le Jardin, the brasserie in the chateau grounds. But breakfast was served in the main dining room. What a visual triumph this room is with its high ceilings, glorious curtains, softly patterned carpets, and mock-Corinthian columns. The continental breakfast was the finest we had experienced anywhere in the world, a cornucopia of good taste (in both senses of the word) worth far more than the 29 euros charged. This was a nice offset to the room price of around 550 euros, but we didn't begrudge that either for such an elegant and comfortable suite. If you are ready and able to splash out, either as a visitor to the region or en route to the south, I cannot recommend this spectacular establishment too highly.

Room Tip: Better to stay in the chateau than in one of the cottages.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Horace4590
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Upon entering the gorgeous property you start to realize that you have entered somewhere very magical. Checking in we were told we had been given an upgraded room . The staff at Les Crayeres are the most professional and accommodating as they come. We were escorted to our massive room (room #11) and we almost fell over at not only the size but the decor. Our room was tastefully decorated in royal blues. The fixtures alone were like a work of art. All the sinks Were made of porcelain and had the most beautiful decorative handles.We were in Heaven. Exactly what we needed at this time of the trip. My boyfriend was coming down with a cold after an exhausting week in Paris. The king size bed was heavenly and we really appreciated the blackout curtains.This is the place to come for relaxation, great champagne and the most scrumptious, delightful, creative, tasty food in the world.
We took a tour of the property and and its stunning views; this Chateau was built for the princess of Pommery and we felt like royalty ourselves. If I could, I would choose to live here!! I have traveled extensively and this Chateau is One of my all time favorites!!!
There are two restaurants to eat at at Les Crayeres. The brasserie ( a separate resturant on the grounds) was a culinary treat as well as the wonderful staff who never let you water glass get empty. The cherry on top however was dinner int he chateau at Le Parc. I have to say it was AMAZING (sorry French Landry in Yountville) the entire experience was incredible! A 5-star (3 for Michelin folks) epicurean adventure. The sommelier was young but helpful as well as knowledgable on the extensive French wine list, helping to pinpoint two stand out wines, white and a red, that paired our food magnificently.
Must say a quick note about the awesome breakfast. Served in the chateau, we were kindly asked what we want to drink as as well as what would like to have "perhaps" . We ordered a simple bacon and egg meal and were served numerous accoutrements which were a meal in themselves. For example home made jams, local honey's, chocolate mousse, goat cheese, bakery goods, panna cotta , yogurt and of course chocolates. All made fresh and local.
Do yourself a favor and stay at this beautiful Chateau you will not be disappointed.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SoCalCin
Reviewed 8 April 2014

This hotel is just fantastic, everything is done to treat the guest in a friendly manner.
Everything about the hotel exudes luxury.
We got moved to one of the terrace room s overlooking the gardens, just wonderful.
The gourmet food is as good as it gets.

Room Tip: There are two terrace rooms overlooking the gardens. these are fantastic
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 27 March 2014

A luxurious gourmet retreat !!!
This is the place I chose to visit for honeymoon. It's already 3 years ago but I still remember all my good memories in Chateau Les Crayeres. We stayed at the room, Imperatrice and it was just perfect! Room conditions, friendly staff, exceptional restaurants, beautiful garden, interior decoration... all things here will satisfy you. My wife and I promised to revisit this place for 5 years wedding anniversary and we have been waiting for the day!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank hyemandkwang
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We were loaded with all the skis and paraphernalia on our way to Les Arcs....the rest of our party of 10 flew. The concierge was excellent and immediately gave us his full attention and parked the over stuffed car safely!
The chateau is beautiful and the staff extremely welcoming, helpful and friendly.... a complimentary glass of champagne was brought to our room within minutes of our arrival. Our suite was charming with a fabulous balcony over looking the gardens. Only minor criticism of the room was the bathroom which had a rather small bath and lack of hooks/towel rails.
We dined in the brasserie as the restaurant was full, which actually suited us as the latter is quite formal. The food was good, but the setting better.
Breakfast next morning in the restaurant was a real treat. I cannot fault the service, delicious food or exquisite presentation. I'll definitely go back.

Room Tip: Rather than a standard room and paying for breakfast, we found it was the same price for a suite inc...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

I am as I write this laying in the most comfortable bed in the most gorgeous chateaux!!!!.....this place is amazing in all areas of service and hospitality.....of course you pay for it!!!!!....it's a chateaux!!!!!....it is understated elegance in its service and the rooms....rather suites are to be seen to be believed....I am staying in one of 2 with a terrace and if in your life you get to experience this fine hotel then splurge and ask for a terrace suite!!!.....if you are lucky enough to get this far then go the extra mile.....le Jardin Brasserie last night was very good....I am eating at Le Parc tonight and will put up a separate review......I can ABSOLUTELY not fault this wonderful premises and I wish I had booked for longer than 2 nights!!!!!!....I may not ever get back here but I will ALWAYS remember the Chateaux

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Kerrinny
Crayeres, Responsable relations clients at Chateau Les Crayeres, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Dear Madam,

First of all, we want to thank you for taking the time to share your expérience in our House with other guests.

We are happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay and that Domaine Les Crayeres met your expectations.
We like hearing about our guests’ experiences which help us to understand their wishes and to improve our services.

Be sure that all our collaborators do their best to give our guests the attentions that will leave them an unforgettable memory of Domaine Les Crayères.
Nowadays, a personalized service of quality makes an important difference and our congratulations motivate us to keep working

We hope having the pleasure to welcoming you again at Domaine Les Crayères.

Yours sincerely,