“Nice location & great food”

Les Halles Brasserie
Ranked #106 of 434 Restaurants in Reims
Price range: US$11 - US$54
Cuisines: French, European, Gastropub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Oslo, Norway
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice location & great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Foundt this spot near our hotel and happily discovered that it was a great brasserie with a solid meny! We had a cucumber gaspacho followed by a cod and paella dish - both very good. The staff seemed a little overwhelmed so the service might have been more attentive, but over all a very nice experience!

Visited July 2014

Houston, Texas
“Happened upon this lovely spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

After returning our National rental car, we were slowly working our way back to our hotel. Les Halles was just opening for lunch. The staff and decor were so inviting, we couldn't resist. We were traveling with our 2 older teenagers who are usually game for anything. We tried the lunch "suggestion" -- braised lamb short ribs -- plus a caesar with shrimp, cod with paella-style rice and a chateaubriand. The latter was cooked perfectly medium rare as requested. The cod had an outstanding flavor and the short ribs were delicious. Our waitress was very helpful and attentive, and was able to answer our questions about the menu. I would highly recommend this restaurant for lunch or dinner - good value, great food.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Kathleen H
Seattle, Washington
“Brasseries Les Halles -- an accidental find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I actually was headed to Bread and Tulips for lunch when I spotted a sidewalk table opening up at Les Halles. Thinking I was at Bread and Tulips, which is Italian, I grabbed the table and ordered a glass of Prosecco -- and only when they explained that they don't carry Prosecco but offered me Cremont, did I realize I was in a French restaurant and only later did I realize that I had snagged a prime outdoor table at one of Anthony Bourdain's eponymous restaurants. It did not disappoint and next time I'm in New York will definitely try it for lunch or dinner. I opted for the brunch menu with an omelet, potatoes, a salad and, of course, amazing bread and sweet butter. The sun was out, the deluges and electrical storms of several days earlier all but forgotten, and I congratulated myself for my find -- coming as it did just weeks before heading to Paris with my granddaughter. This place definitely serves to get one in the mood.

• Visited May 2014
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Superb service and even better food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

This brassieie is sited where the Boulin Grain restaurant stood before it moved. Spotlessly clean with a much improved decor plus highly trained, knowledgable staff who were attentive but un-pushy. We went on a Monday lunchtime which meant that the restaurant was not full, however, we were made to feel that we were the most important people in the whole establishment.
Beautifully cooked food and well presented with reasonably priced wines to match. We shall certainly be back!

• Visited May 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Absolutely outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

This place is a foodie haven!
I was here on 3rd May for dinner on a short break with 2 friends.
We had a table at 7pm and didn't leave until 10.30pm because the food variety and champagne menu were so good.
I had escalope de fois gras to start followed by the catch of the day - loungastines! Delicious! The food was cooked perfectly and the staff were so friendly.
This is a great find and would certainly recommend and go back! Less touristy than most restaurants too!!
Thank you for such an amazing taste sensation.