“Ruinart - Great Champagne & Great Tour”
Review of Celliers Ruinart

and up
Private Full-Day Tour of Champagne Region
Ranked #10 of 78 things to do in Reims
Reviewed 10 December 2012

I was ready to spend 35 euros for a tour of the Ruinart Cellars however I happened to be in Reims when free tours were being offered. It was crowded and busy but I found the guides to be super friendly and willing to answer questions. Because my French is limited, I didn't quite get everything that was explained during the tour. The guide was nice enough to elaborate on things I didn't catch the first time around. I enjoyed learning about Ruinart and its history – it was interesting and lots of fun. Sadly, tastings were not offered that day. I made up for it by drinking some later that evening! It is by far one of my favorite champagnes. I highly recommend the tour.

There are newer reviews for Celliers Ruinart

Reviewed 1 December 2012

Excellent private tour and extraordinary tasting. Expensive but worth it. The caves dug in Roman times are magnificent and the champagne was the best we tasted in Reims.

Reviewed 1 November 2012

I visited Ruinart with a small group of 5 others. From the moment we arrived at the gate, we were made to feel very welcome. It was a real treat to see the chalk caves with the female tour guide who was warm, personable and very knowledgable. The surrounds and house are magnificent. After the tour we enjoyed a glass of champagne in a beautiful lounge. There is a limited number of products for sale, in gift packs but there was no pressure at all to buy anything. I would highly recommend this tour.

1  Thank Claire S
Reviewed 29 October 2012

The tour in Ruinart house is something special. I can call it VIP place to go. Hard to get reservation, but everything was amazing, specially old roman tunnels and caves

Reviewed 17 October 2012

We had a small group of 5. This was the first time for all of us to this region. After lunch we had a tour with a young woman - She was new and soft spoken - I do not recall her name.
She did interject much personality into the tour but was very knowledgeable.

Ruinart was started by a Benedictine Monk which I thought was interesting - there is a little statue of him in the cellar. The chalk cellars are ancient and well kept - very clean.
She explained the various stages and steps of the champagne process.
We enjoyed a 1998 Rose' at the conclusion of the tour. Marvellous. We all sat in a salon with guide and chit chatted - she would not answer any questions relating to sales or marketing as this was supposed to an expereince as if you were just "with friends" - maybe she did not know the answers!?
It is a beautiful builidng and well manicured grounds. You cannot puchase Champagne here and there is not a gift shop.
The actual vinyards are elsewhere. I would have enjoyed to tour those as well, that is too bad.
I would most definitely reccomend a trip here!!