“The Classiest Wine Tasting Ever”
Review of Celliers Ruinart

Ranked #10 of 78 things to do in Reims
Omaha, Nebraska
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“The Classiest Wine Tasting Ever”
Reviewed 12 December 2012

We took the train from Paris to Reims. There is plenty to see. Ruinart is a good hike from the main town center and cathedral. It is worth it. We were treated like royalty. A tour of the 'Caves' was fantastic- many meters below the surface. The actual tasting took place in a large executive-type sitting room. We had the opportunity to try the 'Blanc de Blanc' and the Vintage 1998. These are great wines and there champagne is the most under-rated of all. This boutique champagne winery is just extraordinary.

Visited August 2012

• Czech first
Oakland, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Ruinart - Great Champagne & Great Tour”
Reviewed 10 December 2012

I was ready to spend 35 euros for a tour of the Ruinart Cellars however I happened to be in Reims when free tours were being offered. It was crowded and busy but I found the guides to be super friendly and willing to answer questions. Because my French is limited, I didn't quite get everything that was explained during the tour. The guide was nice enough to elaborate on things I didn't catch the first time around. I enjoyed learning about Ruinart and its history – it was interesting and lots of fun. Sadly, tastings were not offered that day. I made up for it by drinking some later that evening! It is by far one of my favorite champagnes. I highly recommend the tour.

Visited September 2012
Portland, Oregon
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Beautiful caves - amazing vintage champagne”
Reviewed 1 December 2012

Excellent private tour and extraordinary tasting. Expensive but worth it. The caves dug in Roman times are magnificent and the champagne was the best we tasted in Reims.

Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Tour”
Reviewed 1 November 2012

I visited Ruinart with a small group of 5 others. From the moment we arrived at the gate, we were made to feel very welcome. It was a real treat to see the chalk caves with the female tour guide who was warm, personable and very knowledgable. The surrounds and house are magnificent. After the tour we enjoyed a glass of champagne in a beautiful lounge. There is a limited number of products for sale, in gift packs but there was no pressure at all to buy anything. I would highly recommend this tour.

1 Thank Claire S
Tartu, Estonia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“Something special”
Reviewed 29 October 2012

The tour in Ruinart house is something special. I can call it VIP place to go. Hard to get reservation, but everything was amazing, specially old roman tunnels and caves