“Sweet hotel with great customer service”
Review of Hotel Porte Mars

Hotel Porte Mars
Ranked #21 of 68 Hotels in Reims
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We took the train here from CDG. As you exit the train station turn left and it is maybe a 5 minute or so walk. The staff is very pleasant and helpful. Yes the rooms are small but very clean. We were street side but they have double windows so noise is not a problem. Most of the time I like to stay in the area where the sites are. However, this is a brief walk across the street and across the park and voila you are in the city center.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank labonvoyer
There are newer reviews for Hotel Porte Mars

Reviewed 16 January 2014

We've been having a four month European Grand Tour road trip and drove to Reims from Baden Baden (Friedricksbad Spa!) to celebrate my birthday in the city of the champagne houses. The Hotel is a great location and the staff AMAZING, helping with all our needs, ie parking, reservations, directions, etc. Our room was great for us, colorful pinks and reds, plenty of space, refrigerator, and the fun tiny elevator reminiscent of travels in years past to old hotels. The reception are/dining area and lounge are delightful and RED! Breakfast extra charge, but very substantial, so we took it alternate days (stayed three nights). Right across the street is the Roman Porte and across the way is the Monument to Martyrs of the Gestapo and next door is the champagne house Charles de Cazanove, They sell only in Europe, what a shame, but go taste some nice Bubbly for 3E/coupe. Driving/parking in city is not a problem, at least in off-season and we visited the Reims Cathedral, House of Mumm for a tour and wonderful tasting and then culminated with a tour and tasting at house of Pommery....amazing history of an amazing woman and amazing champagnes!!! A fab way to spend a birthday!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PirateWildWoman
Reviewed 8 January 2014

we spent here one night with our 3 years old kid on out way to Austria . we shared the existing double bed that was big enough and comfy for the 3 of us.
easy to get, easy parking on the road near by. we decided not to have breakfast so I cannot comment about that.
perfect location for the town centre ( the cathedral is just 10 min by walk) and also to spot some authentic no touristy restaurants . we dined at the table de Halle's recommended by the reception and that was faboulous.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I stayed at Port Mars hotel from 15th November to 17th. I chose no breakfast option and I booked a no smoking single room by booking.com. My room was in front of Port de Mars at the first floor. Wi-fi is free and Concierge helped me to do web check- in the day before my flight was scheduled.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Citotel Hotels
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We have just had a night in this really delightful hotel and are so happy that we chose to stay there. The staff were so nice and helpful even before we got to the hotel! I had enquired about parking and within minutes of us making our booking, the hotel had emailed and offered a garage to us for the night. I asked the hotel about booking a tour at G H Mumm and they gave me the direct email contact for the guides there at Mumm.

The hotel is in a great location, just a few minutes walk from G H Mumm (really recommend that tour but you have to book in advance) and again just a few minutes walk to some lovely restaurants and shops.

We had booked a triple room which was absolutely perfect with a double and single bed, a shower room with separate loo and loads of comp toiletries. There was a mini bar but we didn't use any of the drinks in there. However, they also provide champagne glasses in the room which we were so pleased to see as I defy anyone to leave the Mumm ceallar tour without buying at least a bottle!!

There's tea and coffee, cups and a kettle in the room as well as a flat screen TV. Breakfast was really very good with everything you would expect at a French breakfast as well as bacon and scrambled eggs - a very pleasant surprise.

We will definitely stay there again and really recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We took the train from Paris EST to Reims. We came out of the station looking for a map with the street address and could not find it so we waited for a taxi. He was very sweet to inform us to walk maybe three block up the same street the trains station was on to the hotel. We stayed here two nights while we did wine tours in the area. The staff is amazingly friendly!! The room was clean and just the right size, full bed, desk, TV, and armoire. There is an elevator which is nice when you have luggage. The breakfast was yummy and the bar is always open. We needed to leave early to catch our train and requested an early breakfast, this was great because nothing was open that early.

Room Tip: We had an interior room that faced the stairs on the first floor. No issues with noise.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jasmine T
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Stayed at the Hotel Porte Mars last week and was simply blown away by the service. I booked the hotel because of reviews on Tripadvisor that talked about the service. Within 30 minutes of booking the hotel had personally called me to make sure the room I booked would be suited to my requirements. Brilliant.

When I arrived after a quick walk from the TGV station, the great and friendly service continued. I was given a surprisingly large room (Room 4) albeit up a very steep flight of stairs. At breakfast each guest is given their own reserved table with a personalised name card printed for the table.

The hotel itself is close to everything and I just walked everywhere. Just forget about staying anywhere else. Stay here. You'll love it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business