“Great Location”

Sejours & Affaires Clairmarais - Reims
Ranked #31 of 68 Hotels in Reims
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We just had an overnight visit to Reims - Apartment was very close to rail less than 5 min walk with our luggage was appreciated. Rooms were comfy, spacious and clean, front desk staff were friendly & helpful and could speak English which was a great help to us. We found the location very central as we walked to all attractions. Would definately stay there again expecially when travelling with luggage by rail. Reims was the most beautiful place was most definately worth the trip. Would recomend hotel/apartment to travellers.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 18Deb

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed one night. They charged me to park in their car park which I found a little annoying. Avoid breskfast as there better deal in town.

Staff were helpful. Could transit spot for ports and eurotunnel. 10 minutes walk to centre of town. I had a room down a long depressing corridor. They had automatic lights that come on as you approach your room and then go out just as you need them!

Would rather pay more and stay somewhere with more character. They did upgrade my room which was appreciated. Staff not oozing charm!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed one night (Saturday) here, sharing 2 apartments (1 x 1 bedroom and 1 x studio) between 5 adults. Thus it was great value for money.
Both places were clean, spacious and well laid out. We ate out, but it was nice to be able to open a bottle of wine and put snacks out on china plates etc - and have space to sit around and chat. We could easily have prepared breakfast there if we had brought provisions. There are 2 cheap vending machines in the lobby for snacks.
The reception staff were friendly and helpful (our room only had 1 towel but we were quickly given extras on request). There is parking available in the building on request, plus parking in the street and a parking building just 2 blocks away (10.60 for a 24 hour stay).
The trains and taxis were on strike and we got ourselves hopelessly lost driving in the one-way systems, when in reality we were just 1-2 kms from the city centre (however, we needed to take the car for my elderly mother). The younger members of our group walked to the centre in under 10 mins.
It's not "The Ritz", there is no "character" but we found everything provided for. For comfort, convenience and value for money, I would happily stay here again - in fact, I intend to check out their other buildings in other French cities.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank DKFrance
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This is one place I'd never stay at again - we were awake from around 3.30am until 8.00am, half the time too scared to do anything and we could not call for help.

We were on a road trip and Reims was our first stop off. We booked it because it looked decent enough and central and arrived on the Saturday around 6. We managed to park outside - parking was free on Sunday. But because we'd pre-booked a parking space we had to pay for that (they would not release the charge) so moved the car inside.

We went out into Reims for the evening (used to be a nice place now don't bother unless you like smoke everywhere and appreciate dog poo all over the place).

Back in the hotel early on, being a non-smoker and this supposed to be a non-smoking room there was a distinct odour of smoke on the bed linen - yeuch. All the staff had gone by 11 so we couldn't complain to anyone.

Trying to get to sleep was a chore because of the noise outside - lots of shouting - why do people in Reims have to shout?

I slept fitfully until around 3.30am when I realised the shouting was in the hotel. I opened the door to the room and saw a group of youths gathered by the elevator on the 3rd floor - I shouted 'be quiet', one girl heard and shusshed the rest of them and that lasted all of two minutes. Two more times I put my head out of the door but the intensity of the noise and the shouting was becoming more and more aggressive. There's no phone in the room and we didn't have our phones with us. We couldn't go to the lobby to call from there because the gang of angry arguing youths were right by the elevator and stairs and I dare not risk it.

This cycle of shouting and screaming and sounded like punching continued until 7.30am inside the hotel then went out onto the streets - where I videod what was going on.

When the staff arrived one of them must have called the police: we checked out as soon as we could and the woman on reception said she was sorry but offered nothing else.

We were both now very tired with a long drive ahead of us.

I wrote to the hotel and asked for some form of refund - they responded by telling me we should have called the police. I replied and said how could I do that exactly as we had no phone in the room and the hotel phone was in the lobby, the route to which was blocked by the very people we were scared of and wanted to complain about.

Their 'security' is to give each guest a code to punch in to get through the hotel when the staff have left - about 11.00pm. Yes that's really secure because of course the door only lets in one person at a time. Oh wait, no it doesn't. One person has the code and the rest of the town can come in and keep the residents of the hotel awake and the hotel take no responsibility and they have not replied to my further email either. Disgusted.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon J
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed at the 'aparthotel' for six days and four nights. We chosen the place because it looked modern and decent compare to other places in Reims with availabilities for those dates. We booked a 3-4 persons apartment. I knew that I would get a sofa bed, however, when we get to the room, we found the sofa bed wasn't set up. It is a courtesy to set an extra bed and not let the guests do it themselves. In the end, one of the receptionist came and helped me set up. The whole 5 out of 6 days that we stayed, the wifi did not work. The explanation was that there was some problem with the cables and had to wait until Monday for it to be fixed... Tuesday, nothing happened. On top of that, our hot water did not work on the third and forth day. It was really unpleasant going to business appointments without showering for two days. I'd have to say that the place was badly maintained and situations badly handled too. However, the lady at the reception was kind enough to book me an appointment with her personal practitioner as I was down with a cold. But all in all, I do not recommend staying there.

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I was very hesitant to book for even one night given the reviews. However, there were 3 of us and it was short notice. First, there is parking on the street so you'll have to feed the meter unless its Sunday. The check-in was a bit rough as the guy working the front desk was suppose to be off and his colleague had not come and relieved him, and he was not in the mood to assist us originally. But alas, the apartment was spotlessly cleaned and had all the proper bedding. The sleeper in the living room was comfortable, and the staff graciously provided extra towels. The apartment was surprisingly quiet although I was originally concerned that we would have all night partying neighbors. The internet was sort of tricky and uneven so don't rely on that. Did not have their 6 franc breakfast so I cannot comment on that. The location is an easy walk into the city. For 3 people or a family, this is a decent option.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Very basic accommodation. it all felt a bit grubby. We had a ground floor apartment next to the garden which stank of smoke (pillows and everything stank); window to garden would not properly close, broken spring in mattress etc etc - noticed on vacating that the staff opened the fire door at the end of the corridor to 'hang out' and smoke rather than leave the building. Staff very helpful but .................. never again

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends