“Lovely Lunch”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 June 2018

My family loved everything about this restaurant and our lunch here the day we visited champagne houses in Reims. The setting is beautiful, filled with natural light. The owner is extremely friendly and kind. The food was excellent--beautifully presented and very flavorful. And the fruit sorbet was amazing, the best we had in France!

1  Thank SaraS3949

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Stopped here with some friends on the way through Reims on bike tour. Nice food. But the drinks! I don't understand how a mediocre bottle of wine can be €30 and I have a restaurant back in the UK. And a bottle of Singha, 75p from the cash and carry in UK, but €6 here! Drink the water! They don't mark that up!

3  Thank Simon M
Reviewed 17 April 2018

I had one of the best Thai food in my life. I ordered the complete menu and had mixed appetizers, duck curry, and sticky rice with mango. My friend had papaya salad and pad thai. We enjoyed the food and the service tremendously. The menu was available in French and English, and the hosts spoked French, English, Thai and Mandarin.

The restaurant is located within minutes from the cathedral. After reading the reviews, we called ahead and made a reservation. We witnessed at least four groups got turned away because all the tables were reserved, though not occupied. We were there for more than 1 hour. I would recommend instead of reservation, to consider first come first serve, so more can enjoy this fantastic food.

I wish, we ate there the first night we were in Reims too. Unfortunately, we were in Reims only for two nights.

1  Thank 9898Traveler9898
Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

With only one night to spend in Reims, we followed fellow reviewers suggestions and opted for SamJia. Truly delicious Thai cuisine and an attentive host made for a wonderful evening. Make sure you have the spring rolls to start and the shrimp red curry was the best that I’ve tried. It would also be rude not to have a glass of bubbly given the region.

We were thoughtfully given English menus as our French is shamefully non-existent. The host confessed his English skills were on a par with our French but, even so, his suggestions as to portion size and heat were very helpful.

The restaurant seemed to be a favourite haunt of the locals but, as tourists, we were made to feel incredibly welcome and would certainly return. The only quibble I would have was that the restaurant was quite chilly- this was quickly rectified when the food arrived!

1  Thank LMW77
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

This place is perfect. The charming owner and the gorgeous Thai modern decor combined with outstanding food made it the best Thai meal we've had, and we've had loads of Thai meals all over the world. The food is SO fresh and I have to mention the chicken satay because somehow the chef managed to make the chicken slightly crispy on the outside and soft in the middle and it was SO tasty!

Been to SamJia? Share your experiences!