“Nice food”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We had a lovely lunch. Staff were friendly and the meals came to us very quickly. The terrace is a great spot to enjoy the sunshine.

Reviewed 14 October 2012

Located in a central square of Bastia, has a good terrace, daily specials limited, but several options menu. Friendly service. Good ice cream.

1  Thank Antonio54C
Reviewed 29 September 2012

My companion and I were at the restaurant on Sept. 22nd around 8:00 p.m. There were few customers on the terrace, however, wait staff appeared "rushed" and seemingly annoyed when we didn't immediately select a seat. We waited over 15 minutes to be given a menu.
My companion's meal was served 15 minutes later along with the wine. The waiter poured a little wine into one glass and then, without a word of explanation, planked the bottle on the table and rushed off without waiting to ascertain if the wine was to our liking. 30 minutes later I still wasn't served despite ordering the Plat du Jour. 45 minutes later again and 3 assurances that my meal was "now ready" I was still waiting to be served. My companion had finished his meal before my dish arrived. The service was appalling. . When we complained to management we were told "it was due to the weather". Granted it was a windy evening, however at no time were we informed this would impact on service. Further, several customers who arrived after us had finished eating before I saw a morsel of food.
I found wait staff to be impatient and unprofessional. Management wasn't any better. We will not return to Palais des Glaces.

1  Thank Dee Q
Reviewed 28 August 2012

It took forever to get served and food for the price was fairly mediocre. I was expecting much more, because seemed popular but think was just location. Wouldnt eat here again!

Reviewed 19 September 2011

This place is well rated in very populars European Guide, which I've already reported my feedback. Well, may tell you that the quality of this restaurant/cafe is really poor. I ate there at the end of August 2011, took the high price menu based on fish and it came out really terrible. Thesecond plate was served with row fish, not well cooked, and decorated with a deteriorated lemon (it was turning into black!!). the entree had a rotten salad! I was with my partner who took meat menu, and also there they took him the
second plate which was supposed to be only meat but what a surprise pasta appeared along! the word pasta was not even mentioned in the menu. Well as we are Italian we are very found of food and appreciate quality but this was not enthusiastic at all.
let's say that it was just like through 50 Euros in the bin! the result was the same. As I was really pissed off I complain directly, the manager tried to apologies but anyway this place should not be reported at list on guides.

1  Thank smagnab