“Wonderful Mother's Day dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Saint PIERRE

Le Saint PIERRE
Ranked #21 of 352 Restaurants in Besancon
Price range: US$36 - US$144
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Cleveland Heights, Ohio
“Wonderful Mother's Day dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

The food and service were outstanding. They brought out little tiny sandwiches as an appetizer. Even though we didn't order soup, they brought everyone a creamy asparagus soup. Even our teenage boy really liked it. The cheese tray was superior. All in all a lovely evening with wonderful food and atmosphere.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank LadyArlington

Zürich, Schweiz
“severely overpriced”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2013

Was generally a disappointment. Pretentious food which was not too good, especially not for the price. Had some digestional problems afterwards, so even the freshness is doubtful. Wine was fine, but quite expensive. Service was fair, but nothing to write home about.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Artoli
“My best meal in Besancon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012 via mobile

My booking was at 21:00 but I arrived an hour early. The manager didn't make any fuss and happily accommodated me.

I took the Menu Neptune (52 euros with an entree, a main course, a cheese plate and a dessert). There're also the amouse bouche and petit four. Altogether quite a lot of food for me.

The food was tasty and beautifully presented. I in particular loved the starter marble of foie gras and oxtail in truffle vinegar with date chutney.

The service was good. Attentive but not too formal. The waiter took time to write down the name of one of the cheeses I took. After I'd paid my bill and was ready to go, the manager walked me to the door and even gave me a nice book called "Le Doubs saveurs et patrimoine" as a souvenir. The book was heavy but I thought it'd be rude to refuse his kind offer.

Go to Le Saint Pierre and you won't be disappointed.

Zurich, Switzerland
“Great for special occasions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

We have been intending to visit Le Saint Pierre for a number of years and finally made it just before Christmas. We will definately go back when we can find an occasion to celebrate.

The food was all excellent. Freshly prepared and seasonal (they did have a slightly restricted menu because of the holiday period).

A criticism which gets them four instead of five blobs. I cannot eat cheese and pointed this out at the time of ordering. I was assured that this would not be a problem but then potato gratin came as a side dish.

We each had starter and main course but no desert together with a glass of champagne and a bottle of wine between three. This came to €100 a head.

• Visited December 2011
3 Thank Nigel B
Montlucon, France
“Day Menu - All inclusive - Fresh products - Perfect service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2011

I went for diner with my girlfriend. For several reasons (not especially financials) we choose the day menu that is only fixed at the evening, so don't call in the morning to know what it is going to be in the evening. In addition, the whole table has to choose it, so you can't combine it with the regular dishes or menus. Still, the level of service and quality of products compensates largely those restrictions.

In fact, the menu of the day costs less than 40 euros, comprising starter, dish and desert, along with wine and coffee! Product are fresh, well cooked, in original combination of flavors without being to extravagant.

The service is perfect. No "chi-chi" meaning that the we just got the right level of attention , anticipating our needs, always with a nice word but never getting to far into discussion so you really get the impression that the service is all about you and your evening.

I would especially like to mention the wine part as we do not have any special knowledge on that topic. We felt comfortable, and guided with simple but understandable advises, not trying to lure us into expensive bottles.

Finally we could have chosen to pic individual dishes "à la carte" , which would certainly have more than double the price/pers. The fact that we got an excellent service, not feeling that we belonged to the "budget" category of customers means to us that the restaurants wants to build a good reputation on the long-term. .

• Visited August 2011